Can't believe they sent Beckman (1 Viewer)

I'm wondering about that myself. I thought you weren't allowed to run with a stalled car in the other lane.

you can't run with a person in the stalled car. Once Robert was out and over the wall it was show on. It takes a lot of concentration to do what Jack did. You really have to stay focused on your lane. I figured he would run it past the tree and shut off.

you can't run with a person in the stalled car. Once Robert was out and over the wall it was show on. It takes a lot of concentration to do what Jack did. You really have to stay focused on your lane. I figured he would run it past the tree and shut off.
The way these cars make sudden moves at speed, I would have clicked it and played it safe. Granted, Beckman is as good as they get, but sometimes these cars do what they want. Having said all that, what a final!

I am thinking Peter has a few things to say to his staff when the do their post event review.

I can tell you first hand watching that from the stands I was scared to death watching that pass go down. Jack can wheel a FC with best in the business, but like what has been said here, things can go wrong quickly in those things and when he made a full pull I pretty much crapped my pants :p

The rule states that the driver must be out of the car and over the wall before the opponent can stage and go...totally legal

They sent the other driver down when Scott Palmer left his rail on the strip...
This was further down track which is why I felt it was unsafe and unnecessary. Maybe I'm wrong. I didn't see the need to take the chance of getting crossed up and slamming into it. I'm not sure how it's safer that it wasn't moving. Seems it would be like hitting a wall.

Not sure what the controversy is here. Racing side by side is way more dangerous than racing with a stopped car in the other lane.

So Beckman going out of control at well over 240mph where Roberts car was and hitting a stationary object would be worse than 2 cars colliding at speed with each other? If Roberts car was by the wall or 100 foot out or less.. no problem.. but it was pulled over closer to the centerline and near 660 foot.

Think of that one stationary camera boom truck and how that worked out...

I was concerned when Palmer’s car was sitting there, but I knew that the NHRA had done so in the past

I haven’t seen any coverage of the Finals yet...Mom got a back operation this morning and my DVR captured the show for me while traveling to be here. But just being on the Mater got me lots of info😉

The difference in this particular scenario is that Hights FC was in the center of the lane at half track. Most other times that a car has been stalled on the track was much closer to the starting line and often had been pulled over next to the guard rail which leaves a much slimmer chance of the other car getting into the parked car. Had something gone awry with Beckman and he lost control he could have hit a parked race car at that point at well over 270 mph. In fact Beckman was running 279 mph at the 660 ft mark.

What happened to Hight's car? He just did a massive burnout. That was cool to see. Did he run out of fuel?
Far be it from me to think Hight shut it off in order to avoid the possibility of hitting the wall, a timing block, or crossing the centerline and losing the championship due to a points deduction.

What happened to Hight's car? He just did a massive burnout. That was cool to see. Did he run out of fuel?
Far be it from me to think Hight shut it off in order to avoid the possibility of hitting the wall, a timing block, or crossing the centerline and losing the championship due to a points deduction.
He said it just shutoff when he went to back up.

Hight said in the post race that it ran out of fuel. I guess they forgot to fill it up prior to the final. Lol. I think it was the plan to do a massive long burnout and end it there. No reason to even run and risk a penalty which would cost them the championship. I agree that in most cases they would have shut Beckman off. For sure in qualifying. In similar situations usually the safari will push the car back and over towards to guardrail. I would think that NHRA would have preferred Beckman to launch and click it off but I guess it didn’t bother Jack at all or he would have done just that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back