Camera Lens (1 Viewer)

RMS

Nitro Member
I have a Canon Rebel 8 mega pixel camera and right now i have the 18-35 zoom lens on there. I want to get a new lens but dont want to spend TOO much (up to $300-$350). Any ideas of what i should get?

Thanks Rob and Vaughn! I know i want a big zoom lense but thats just about all i know. Ill look into the 75-300.

I have a Canon Rebel 8 mega pixel camera and right now i have the 18-35 zoom lens on there. I want to get a new lens but dont want to spend TOO much (up to $300-$350). Any ideas of what i should get?

Thats a loaded question. You have to ask yourself what you want out of your camera. A long lens is great for shooting from the stands but generally not for "pit" pics. The Canon 70-200 f2.8L- a great lens for shooting action shots from the first set of stands. This is generally thought of as a pro lens and priced at $800-$900 (used-not IS model). Another lens is a 28-135 IS for shooting "pit" shots and will set you back about $300 (used).

Go to fredmiranda.com: Specialized in digital cameras, photoshop actions, and digital darkroom and register for the forums. Their "buy and sell" forum is very useful. It's set up for buyers and sellers to leave feedback about purchases. That helps in buying from a stranger.

The Best bang or the buck is the 18-200 F3.5 Sigma. It's around $350, Someone has a 2.8 but it's Very Pricey!

Look on ebay, there are a few of 70-200 f.4s on there for $300-500 that is a great lense for a starter, way better than a 70-300 f.6 you can always but a teleconverter for it and make it a 400 but its gonna slow it down a bunch. spend the extra couple hun. and get f.4 you will be much happier and will love the results. If you really search you can find 70-200 2.8s for $600-700 used. I just bought a new one without the image stabilization for $1000, your average guy does not need to pay the extra $600-700 for the stabilization unless your gonna do a ton of indoor stuff (weddings and such) check out ebay but research the peoples feedback, I've had great luck on used equipment. eBay - canon 70-200, Lenses Filters, Digital Cameras items on eBay.com

The Best bang or the buck is the 18-200 F3.5 Sigma. It's around $350, Someone has a 2.8 but it's Very Pricey!
Yep, great all around lens. I use a similar lens, Nikon 28-200 on my D70, and I love being able to just use one lens and not be constantly switching back and forth.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back