Bob Motz Burned (1 Viewer)

Unless I am just overlooking it, I am very surprised there is nothing mentioned on IHRA site...Bob has been one of their premier exhibition acts for a long time and I would have expected them to be the source for updates, but at the least a mention...

Unless I am just overlooking it, I am very surprised there is nothing mentioned on IHRA site...Bob has been one of their premier exhibition acts for a long time and I would have expected them to be the source for updates, but at the least a mention...

I agree seeing that Motz capped off a lot of their Night of Fire programs. However, if they did post it on their site, I am not sure I could find it anyways.;) In any case, best wishes to Bob for a speedy recovery.

I read somewhere that the hepa law encompasses all discussion of any medical situations and conditions publicly. I guess thats why at the tracks, you either hear it announced their ok, or you typically hear nothing at all. My friend at work owns a jet car, Ill have to ask her about what happens inside the car when theres a fire. I think I remember being told once, that once the engine is fired up it is a very dangerous situation if it dies, or you need to shut it off, I just dont remember why.

I spoke with IHRA today. I was told that Bob was moved to Columbus, Ohio. Everyone at IHRA is praying for Bob - they are frustrated about trying to get news out about him. They can NOT get information from the hospital until the family releases it.

As of 11AM EST the family has not made a statement or authorized the hospital to release his condition.

Also the news I received ( again 3rd hand - second cousin removed ) is that the track officials (starter and Scott Motz on the scene) Firefighting team and EMS did a great job. Firefighters were concerned about an explosion.

For whatever it's worth...

They've now updated Bob's website to add a section for updates on his condition. Not much new information yet, but we'll be able to keep checking this section for direct updates:

jtmotz.com - Home

Thanks for the link Lisa... :)

I am really quite shocked he was able to escape out of the passenger side with all the cage and controls being wrapped around where he actually sits...

I'm just happy he was able to get out of that thing...

Best Wishes Bob.

Last edited:
I was told yesterday that Bob was being transfered to Akron for some skin graphs but he is still in stable condition and still on a ventilator. Keep the prayers coming gang.

I talked with Scott Motz in the tower for over a half hour at the Night Under Fire last weekend in Norwalk and Scott said that his Dad is not yet out of the clear. He is battling infections and has several more surgery's, BUT he has started eating on his own! Scott said that he has been preparing the second Jet Kenworth because his Dad won't end his racing career like this, that he will end it on his terms. So, as long as Bob recovers he will more than likely climb back into the "World's Fastest" Jet Truck. Keep praying for Bob because he sure can use it!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back