Blast From The Past AA/FCs (1 Viewer)

Tom Prock (Jimmy's Dad) in the Custom Body '75 Dodge Deamon

3120055328_662c3d3e1b_o.jpg

Not really a Demon, those were only made '71 and '72. Renamed for '73 and later as the "Dart Sport"

Thanks for posting the pictures, Norman. It was guys like you that inspired me into taking my camera to the drags beginning in 1975.

Awesome, Norman..and thanks so much for sharing. You'll get the hang of the latest technology..but rest assured..they look swell the way they are.

Man..I miss those days.

A few cars ran the scoopless injector setup back around that time.

I seem to recall Ace ran that configuration on one of the early RRRRRRevellution cars. At least that's the way the I remember the model. Paul, I built that model before you were born.:D

Awesome photos, by the way, Norman.

Hey Norman, with all your great pics.....do you have a website?? Any available for sale??

Hey Norman, with all your great pics.....do you have a website?? Any available for sale??
I have a Flickr site that you can check out at Drag Racing & Other Automotive Pic's - a set on Flickr
You can also check out some of the other stuff I have been making pictures of while you are there too.
As for selling any prints, not at this time. I'm still in a learning curve on the scanning of my negs. Maybe in the future,when I get everything dialed in here.

Last edited:
Just a slight correction, this was a 1977 or 1978 Firebird, maybe the pic was taken in 1979?

Great to see the old photos.

Murdock.

Correct. In 1979 Bonin still ran the 1977 style Trans Am but the Bubble Up signeage was down to just the red logo whereas in 1977 and 1978 it sported a red and a blue Bubble Up logo.

Amazing how close you could stand at the track when a Fuel Car was doing burnout. Very loud !

At a lot of the tracks we were mere inches from the cars doing a burnout. Most of these were shot with a 50mm lens. They were loud no matter where you were standing!!

Norman,
I just went to this string today. It appears your attached pics have been removed. I am at work now, and Flicker is one of the media sites they block here. Are these pics also on the Flicker site you previously mentioned here?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back