Beckman in the Matco Flopper @ Reading? (1 Viewer)

Assuming Fast Jack is, in fact, relieving Whit Bazemore in the Matco flopper beginning in Reading (which I'm not believing, by the way), I wonder who made the decision... Don or Whit. And what did Matco think? I tend to think if it did happen - and again, I don't believe it - Whit left DSR, not the other way around. Either way, I'll be curious to see how this unfolds.

I was kind of surprised to read that myself. I really would expect Whit & Shoe to finish the year together, no matter what's happening in'07.

Just got off the phone with Fast Jack. He is at DSR to complete his FC licensing this weekend. I guess that's where it came from. He got the 330 and half track stuff done at the "Indy Test", but didn't get a chance to make his full passes, so he is there to finish it up.

I ask about Reading and he said he was just planning to finish his stuff and that Whit would be there to help him. He said that if they wanted him to drive the car he would love to, but as of now it is Whit’s car and that’s that. He’s just happy to have the opportunity finish up his license

Alan

Thanks Alan - it didn't make any sense to me when I read it. Don has always been loyal to his team members (drivers or otherwise) and I didn't think Whit would simply walk out, especially after his success at Indy.

Wouldn't Matco have a say in replacing Whit before seasons end?
I would think that there would be some sponsorship obligations there.

You know.....I was at IRP Wednesday to pick up some golf carts that we store for Primedia throughout the year and the Matco trailer was still there. It appeared as if they'd done some testing that day. The chassis was still out in the pit area and they were breaking down the car when we were picking up the carts. This was about 2:30pm Wednesday.

Was Whit testing or Beckman?

The only other teams still there other than the Matco car were Baca and Jay Payne.

No I'm saying that Alan is right. I'm not saying it couldnt happen but after talking with Jack today it probably wont at this time.

OK Just talked to Jack again (Sunday 10AM) He finished his license and he comfirmed that he is taking over DSR. He will be driving the ARMY car and the BRUT car in Reading. He has his Super Comp car being delivered to Dallas, so either Tony or Ron will have their car back that weelend (depending on which car Jack likes better). In Richmond he is planning to shake down a new S&S Buell for G2, then it's off to Fontana For the Sports Nats where he will Drive Ashley Force's car (She has a Spa Day planned). In Las Vegas Jack will drive the ARMY car on Friday to qualify it and then Tony will race it Saturday in the Bud Shootout. Jack said he really didn't want to give up the car on Saturday, but Tony promised to give him 75% of what he wins as a bonus, so he agreed. He is planning to take Pomona and make his ESPN debut and then spend the winter weighing his options for next year.

That's the latest as I understand it.

Alan

LMAO at Alan's post! So will Jack become the replacement for Dean Skuza on this board?
:confused: :eek: :D

Alan You made no mention of the "IMPORT" class... did you forget, or did he decide not to run it ...

OK Just talked to Jack again (Sunday 10AM) He finished his license and he comfirmed that he is taking over DSR. He will be driving the ARMY car and the BRUT car in Reading. He has his Super Comp car being delivered to Dallas, so either Tony or Ron will have their car back that weelend (depending on which car Jack likes better). In Richmond he is planning to shake down a new S&S Buell for G2, then it's off to Fontana For the Sports Nats where he will Drive Ashley Force's car (She has a Spa Day planned). In Las Vegas Jack will drive the ARMY car on Friday to qualify it and then Tony will race it Saturday in the Bud Shootout. Jack said he really didn't want to give up the car on Saturday, but Tony promised to give him 75% of what he wins as a bonus, so he agreed. He is planning to take Pomona and make his ESPN debut and then spend the winter weighing his options for next year.

That's the latest as I understand it.

Alan

So what your really trying to do is cover up the bad information you gave out yesterday.

Alan, I spoke with Jack about a hour after you did and Ferrari had called and wants him to try out the newly retired Michael Schumacher seat.:D :) :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back