Bakersfield attendees, I need your help. (1 Viewer)

kingcobrafan

Nitro Member
I plan on going to the CHRR this year. Since I've never been to Bakersfield, I'd like suggestions on where to sit to get the best possible view of the Cacklefest for videotaping purposes. Thanks a lot!

Bill, not a bad place in the house to video. If it was me I'd get a spot at the top end, top row of the stands on the pit side of the track. This will be my 13 reunion and it just gets better every year. Stop by the tower and intro yourself.

I plan on going to the CHRR this year. Since I've never been to Bakersfield, I'd like suggestions on where to sit to get the best possible view of the Cacklefest for videotaping purposes. Thanks a lot!

This is a real toughie as there are so many people it's hard to find a place. And then to complicate things, they allow every jackass with a golf cart loaded down with people along the fence and you can't see anything coming down the fireup road. This year I'm going on the camping side and perhaps you can see them make the turn and go down the strip to their parking place. When they run Top Fuel or the floppers the stands are full and maybe then you can scam out a place where you can see. It's a neat deal but a real hassle.

Dead on about the golf carts that I suggested the top row of the grand stands.

See you there.

Fence crow.
I videotaped the last few years' cacklefests and the fence gave me my best view.
The nitro fumes can get very strong along the fence.
My videos get very shaky at times because I was coughing, crying and gasping for air while trying to hold the camera still.:D

Maybe I can make you a copy.
???

The cars are lined up on the strip facing the pit side
-and-
the stadium lights shine down towards the pit side also.

Fence crow.
I videotaped the last few years' cacklefests and the fence gave me my best view.
The nitro fumes can get very strong along the fence.
My videos get very shaky at times because I was coughing, crying and gasping for air while trying to hold the camera still.:D

Maybe I can make you a copy.
???

The cars are lined up on the strip facing the pit side
-and-
the stadium lights shine down towards the pit side also.

Paul, just so I understand perfectly, the cars all line up on one side of the track, not some on one side and some on the other? And yes, I'd sure appreciate a Cacklefest copy to help plan my shooting. Thanks for replying and I sent you a pm with my address on it.

Bill, they push start down the fire up road on the pit side of the track make the turn around behind the starting line and pretty much come to a stop down the center of the track facing the pit side stand.

The top row or early at the fence. I think the top row would get you better overall shots. Frank Kunkel

Bill,
I haven't forgotten.
Just couldn't figure out how to get analog to MPEG.
I did some asking around and found a way.
I just got back from circuit city. I bought a "dazzle"
converter.
PC.PNN.230100037.CN.JPG

Gonna see if I can get it to work with my Vista O/S.
Working on it right now. If successful, I will U/L the vids to youtube.
-sorry for the delay-:eek:

*Edit: ahhh crap! Vista is telling me that there are known compatability issues with the software. I can't get it to work. Taking it back. I put in a call to my bro in Fremont. He's going to fry's electronics and seeing if he can find me something. He's coming down tonight. Hang in there with me.

Last edited:
No problem in the least, Paul. I certainly didn't intend to have you jump through hoops just to get me your Cacklefest footage, although I definitely appreciate it. Whenever you get around to it is fine. Thanks!!!!!!!

Well, I got a cheap converter off Ebay, but the quality came out bad. Lots of pixelation, poor resolution, bad audio.

I have 4 angles for you:
  • from the camping side bleachers
  • from the bleachers in the back corner
  • from the pitside bleachers, mid way up
  • from the fence

Here are the first two:

YouTube - AA/FA fuel altered's at Famoso

YouTube - AA/FA fuel altered's at Famoso 2

Those are from a fuel altered event from last year, but it gives you an idea of the camera angles.
I can't seem to find the tape with the cacklefest. Still looking for it.
Will upload when I find it.:eek:

Last edited:
Seems the camping side would be the best for night video, as the lights are on that side. Of course, last year was my rookie year at B'field, and I can't make it again this year. Sigh.

Yep, I just looked at the 2 Fuel Altered vids, camping side.

Last edited:
I found the tape!
Had to do some heavy editting, so it's choppy.
This converter I got is not that great.

YouTube - Cacklefest Famoso raceway CHRR '04

I will upload the vid of the footage from the bleachers tomorrow.
It needs heavy editting too. Can hardly see sh*t, because all the fence crows are in the way, and many golf carts, and photogs, random bodies walking thru, the bright lights......it's a bad place to shoot vid from.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back