Bandimere-Going for 1st time....help (1 Viewer)

Kurt

Nitro Member
My brother, the Mopar nut, and I are coming out in July. Looking to purchase Sunday tix already (his idea not mine) and is Section 3 a good place to sit. (I know it's a drag strip and it's all subjective.)

Also, do we need to buy Saturday tix now or can we wait?

Any suggestions on how to maximize or not miss out on anything with regard to the Mopar Street Fair?

Any other helpful suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Kurt

I went to Bandimere for the first time in 2012 and really enjoyed myself. My wife really liked it as well.
There have been many stories of how nice that facility is but, until you get there, it’s hard to convey in words.
Since I’m of the “Mopar or No Car” mindset, the Mopar Big Block Party in Golden was pretty cool. Some of the original Ramchargers were there, as well as all the current Mopar race teams.
Some really nice Mopars are on display.
Just a tip, spring for the extra money and get tickets in the Finish Line Club. That was the best place to sit and watch the races.

The Finish Line Club has its own bathrooms. And, they are air conditioned.

I would suggest that you sit downtrack on the spectator side. There is plenty of room there and you don't have to stand up as every pair runs. If you sit on pit side you will be up-down-up-down all day long.

Unless you like looking in the sun come 2 PM, you had better sit Pit side, but yes it is not for the Physically handicapped! If walking is tough for you Bandimere isn't the track to be at!

If you can sit on East side mid track. Plenty of room, best seats in the house IMO. Good pair of shoes, plenty of water and sunscreen.

Unless you like looking in the sun come 2 PM, you had better sit Pit side, but yes it is not for the Physically handicapped! If walking is tough for you Bandimere isn't the track to be at!

I've only been once and we were definitely thankful that we were on the west (I think that'd be pit) side and eventually shaded from the afternoon sun by a sign on the top fence. We were even thankful for the brief afternoon shower that interrupted action briefly but also cooled us off!

Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. At that altitude, the UV Index is almost double that at sea level.

Larry, that is a very interesting stat! It makes sense tho, as when I relate my 2009 Chicago to Bandimere banzai solo trip to friends I cant get to go with me to Joliet, even if I agree to pay for their ticket,my first memory is that the sun feels like it is five miles above
your head!!! It is a steady, unrelenting humid sun... all day long.
The other thing I mention is that Red Rocks Ampitheatre, which is a work of art by nature, is basically on the other side of the mountain that Bandimere is cut into. Am I somewhat correct on that?
Also, that trip and the 2010 solo, non-stop Chicago to Zmax trip to Concord are 2 of the funnest weeks of my life! I finally figured out going alone is the way to do it, as the only whining you'll hear... is from yourself! LOL.

John
PS. Any friend who turns down a free pass to a NHRA National Event within 45 minutes from home, automatically is
immediatly demoted to either "Acquatince" status, or, if they did not even think about it, "Seme-Acquatince" status.

Larry, that is a very interesting stat! It makes sense tho, as when I relate my 2009 Chicago to Bandimere banzai solo trip to friends I cant get to go with me to Joliet, even if I agree to pay for their ticket,my first memory is that the sun feels like it is five miles above
your head!!! It is a steady, unrelenting humid sun... all day long.
The other thing I mention is that Red Rocks Ampitheatre, which is a work of art by nature, is basically on the other side of the mountain that Bandimere is cut into. Am I somewhat correct on that?
Also, that trip and the 2010 solo, non-stop Chicago to Zmax trip to Concord are 2 of the funnest weeks of my life! I finally figured out going alone is the way to do it, as the only whining you'll hear... is from yourself! LOL.

John
PS. Any friend who turns down a free pass to a NHRA National Event within 45 minutes from home, automatically is
immediatly demoted to either "Acquatince" status, or, if they did not even think about it, "Seme-Acquatince" status.

Yes, the Red Rocks Amphitheater is on the other side of the hill, slightly north of the track. Have never been there, but a lot of well-known concerts have been held there and it is a beautiful setting for something like that.

I'm a little Sun-phobic since I am now paying the penalty for too much Sun exposure when I was growing up. Nothing major, but any time a doctor has to carve on you, it's no fun.

Also, just around the corner through the gap in the ridge just south of the track is the town of Morrison. When we are racing at Bandimere, we always make a trip to Morrison to have supper. Some great restaurants (my favorite is Tony Rigatone's--the best calzones in the free world) and all of the shops that the women in our group seem to love visiting. During that time, a beer on Tony's outside patio works well.

I've been to Bandimere several times over the years, always try for seats on the west side.....and after the sun goes down, you get a great view of the Denver lights......the first year I went, parked up on the edge, near the finish line, sat on the hood of my car.......can't do that anymore, since it's now the pit area.....think that was 1980 or 81

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back