Audiocast (1 Viewer)

Okay, we need a longer mix tape for rainouts/oildowns or a local radio station partner for each track.:)
Semper Gumby
D

It must really be coming down, I guess I'll watch my new Heart Like a Wheel DVD while we wait. Is there a noise curfew that will shut things down if this goes on too long?

S/F
D

Dunno. I remember racing there pretty late at night and trying to keep the helmet visors clear.

As much as I want to be at the races, you can have that nasty humidity. The weather forecast has rain showers through the weekend.

S/F
D

I think they said it stopped and are drying the track now.
I can't make up my mind if the dead air or music sounds better.

Steve Miller will be on next, I must have heard Cheryl Crow, Shania Twain and Steve Miller about 10 times, Saturday in Chi-Town. It's pretty bad when you have the rain delay music commited to memory.

Well the dead air has stopped and they're now playing music. The announcement a few minutes ago said they were currently drying the track.

And, BTW, what's up with the music??? They're in Memphis for goodness sake. Memphis: home of Beal Street and the blues. And they're playing this stuff???

I think we have two more loops of the mix tape ubtil racing starts again. Of course that may be overly optimistic.

S/F
D

Thanks for the updates Maters. I was beginning to think the SINGLE rain cloud stayed right over the track and rained for hours. It's 10:25 PM EST now and nothing seemed to be happening, and that's about 6 hours since Pro Stock bikes were supposed to run. DRC could have given us another RAIN DELAY update after 2-3 hours of wondering. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back