Atlanta tower comes down (1 Viewer)

Just think of the famous cars & drivers that have went under that tower. In the old days the cars went beside the tower. Last time I raced there in 78 that's the way it was. Does anybody remember when the new tower was built?

who got the bleachers, timing system, light towers, and scoreboards?.....pretty sure new tower was constructed in early 90's......was it steve earwood who ran the track then?
and built the tower?.....when did nhra buy the facility? there was a good article recently that answered all these questions, but can't remember.

Last edited:
Just think of the famous cars & drivers that have went under that tower. In the old days the cars went beside the tower. Last time I raced there in 78 that's the way it was. Does anybody remember when the new tower was built?
The article says it was built in 1991

who got the bleachers, timing system, light towers, and scoreboards?.....pretty sure new tower was constructed in early 90's......was it steve earwood who ran the track then?
and built the tower?.....when did nhra buy the facility? there was a good article recently that answered all these questions, but can't remember.
Not the article you are probably thinking of, but this is a pretty good one......

What's going in its place, a Dollar General?
i would guess infrastructure (housing/retail) to support employees at new SK battery plant just down the hwy.
usa motorsports sanctioning body sells racing facility to clear way to support a foreign based EV battery manufacturer.
wrap your head around that one.

if you haven't google earth searched this new SK plant, you should. it is massive. this is the future. if you google search further, there are about 10 more of these plants
scheduled to come online in our country in next few years. various companies both foreign and domestic.

Last edited:
i would guess infrastructure to support employees at new SK batteries plant just down the hwy (housing/retail).
usa motorsports sanctioning body sells racing facility to clear way to support a foreign based EV battery manufacturer.
wrap your head around that one.
So what is says is more USA land sold to China.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back