Atlanta Dragway Today (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
I am working in Commerce, GA this week and stopped by Atlanta Dragway. The tower and grandstands are gone and the property is already overgrown. 😢

Attachments

• IMG_5597.jpeg
    IMG_5597.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 366
  • IMG_5595.jpeg
    IMG_5595.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 356
makes you wonder if money has exchanged hands yet? ...... if i'm a developer and purchased the property from nhra, wouldn't i have a shovel in
the ground almost immediately? at the very least getting rid of the remaining bldgs. and the actual drag strip?

makes you wonder if money has exchanged hands yet? ...... if i'm a developer and purchased the property from nhra, wouldn't i have a shovel in
the ground almost immediately? at the very least getting rid of the remaining bldgs. and the actual drag strip?
There is a possibility that Red Tape is the problem. Plan check and environmental impact as well as a ton of other things have to go through the city or county first. Bureaucrats are generally a pain a lot of the time.

I was passing thru Commerce back in May and detoured by the track. It brought back many memories even back to the 70's when I raced there. I could still smell the nitro,yeah,I really could.

There is a possibility that Red Tape is the problem. Plan check and environmental impact as well as a ton of other things have to go through the city or county first. Bureaucrats are generally a pain a lot of the time.
Or funding for the project. Loans and mortgages may have fallen through with interest rates being higher.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back