Anyone watching the Tour Day France? (1 Viewer)

Bobby

Nitro Member
if you are you know why I spelled it that way :cool:
Bob Roll cracks me up. How about that Floyd Landis. Will an American win again? Too cool. Floyd has looked so strong in the past. Now with Lance retired, Ulrich and Basso out for doping, it's Floyd's tour for the taking I think.
Even with the hip that will need replacing. Amazing that he can cycle so well while his hip is falling apart. Cycling is weird like that. I sprained my ankle so bad playing raquetball a few weeks ago, so bad I could hardly walk or drive, but I could ride the bike, no problem.

if you are you know why I spelled it that way :cool:
Bob Roll cracks me up. How about that Floyd Landis. Will an American win again? Too cool. Floyd has looked so strong in the past. Now with Lance retired, Ulrich and Basso out for doping, it's Floyd's tour for the taking I think.
Even with the hip that will need replacing. Amazing that he can cycle so well while his hip is falling apart. Cycling is weird like that. I sprained my ankle so bad playing raquetball a few weeks ago, so bad I could hardly walk or drive, but I could ride the bike, no problem.

Tour without Lance is like soccer without Pele. Beyond boring, because with them they were just boring. But they are two of the greatest athletes of all timed. IMHO.

Last edited:
that's the attitude us hard core fans are afraid of . This is a MUCH better tour than the last few. Last year there was no suspense, Lance was going to win and that was it. This year, you never know what will happen day to day. I 'm surprised Phonak let the Maiilot Jaune go today, they must be very confident they can get it back in the Alps.
Tuesday will be an awesome day, good thing monday is a rest day.
there's nothing like Alp D'huez. Lance Lance Lance who cares anymore.
There's more to cycling than Trek and Lance. That Cervelo Soloist Jens rode to the stage win today is one cool bike.

This has really been a year in transition Yankster. I'm pulling for Landis all the way. If he can handle the mountains well, he has a great shot at bringing back another win from the land of the "Surrender Monkeys."
Go Floyd!

Had to spend a dollar:D I signed up but was waiting to get verified. We were at Joanies Cantina in old town Murrieta last night and you'd think everyone in there had met Floyd. I've met him once about 5 months ago and it turns out he does live pretty close. Of course, he's in the high rent area and I live in his dumpster;) :p :D

Although he stunk it up on Wednesday, it seems a miracle he made almost all of it back on Thursday in one leg of the race like he did. This guy has some real heart.

Come On Floyd!!!!!

Kinda dumb that none of the news shows cover anything of the tour. They don't even mention names when our guys are in the lead.
And you have to have the DirectTV 1,000,000 channel package to get OLN. I think the charge on that package is like $4,389 per month.

Although he stunk it up on Wednesday, it seems a miracle he made almost all of it back on Thursday in one leg of the race like he did. This guy has some real heart.

Come On Floyd!!!!!

I hope he's legal. I'd offer that was the athletic performance of the year, simply outstanding.

Floyd will be buying beers for everyone at Joanies tonight and he wont be there to enjoy it.

Nice job buddy. Everyone in Murrieta is proud....;)

Simply awesome that Floyd took it all!
Way to go Floyd!
Will the French hate us even more now? Should we worry?

actually the organizer of the tour had very nice things to say about Floyd. Sometimes I think they didn't like Lance because he was Lance, not because he was American. Floyd comes across in a much more humble way, and I like that. His ride on thursday was the most amazing thing. the others in the peloton didn't follow him because they were sure he wouldn't be able to keep it up. What Floyd did is more impressive to me than any of the 7 tours Lance won. Floyd had to win this single-handedly. The only help he had on thursday was his team manager , handing him water bottles out the car window. 60 or 70 of them if I remember correctly! How ironic I missed Bazemores win this weekend because I was watching the tour. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back