Anyone need a crew chief? (1 Viewer)

Why does this remind me of George Steinbrenner and Billy Martin?

Ha ha! Have you been watching "The Bronx Is Burning"?

Okay. Cruz, if you are reading this, I officially throw my hat into the ring to become your crew chief. I will do nothing to interfere with the tune up. I will let the car be setup exactly like your Brother's. I have absolutely no experience, but I don't think I need it, to provide what you are looking for.

And, I'll do it for whatever you were paying Wayne.

When do I start?

Let Dick V run the team and mentor an up and comer. That's what it sounds like they want to do. Hire a big shot crew chief and their ego won't let them do it Venible's way.

PS: I've been sour on Wayne since (the way) he left Doug Herbert. Two sides (at least) to every story but, I didn't like the apparent story around his departure.

Larry Meyer/Bernie F tuned Cruz to the 92 championship all year under the larry minor camp...
The Butterfield brothers could tune a fuel car easily...Kevin now has the opportunity.....

Bernie was definitely calling the shots on that car when he won the championship. Not a big cruz fan, but Benie had one bad ass hot rod the second half of that 92 season to dethrone Force. Probably one of the better championship battles besides Shoe/Kallitta last year

Bernie was definitely calling the shots on that car when he won the championship. Not a big cruz fan, but Benie had one bad ass hot rod the second half of that 92 season to dethrone Force. Probably one of the better championship battles besides Shoe/Kallitta last year

Mike Green was also a part of the '92 championship team

92 Larry minor team also had Green (mentioned), Mike Neff, Jason McCollugh (sp ck), R Flynn was assisting as well...

Both Kurt/Kevin Butterfield were w/ Force...Dean MaCarthy, Mike M...
Everyone of those mentioned could get the job done then as well as now...

What??? Bernie was long gone to Force's team when Cruz had his championship run the 2nd half of 1992(he left during the first half of the year). The tune up was a Larry Meyer/Lee Beard tune up. You need to watch your Drag Racing 1992 video again.

What??? Bernie was long gone to Force's team when Cruz had his championship run the 2nd half of 1992(he left during the first half of the year). The tune up was a Larry Meyer/Lee Beard tune up. You need to watch your Drag Racing 1992 video again.

That's Correct! Bernie was gone after 7-8 races I believe, Larry Meyer is who tuned that car the last 10 races or so when he won the Trophy.

I'm pretty sure Bernie was gone either right before or right after Atlanta, I distinctly remember Larry Meyer was crew chief when they qualified #1 in Memphis that year where they lost in round 2, incidentally enough to Whit Bazemore who was on his way to his first professional final round.

if i won the lottery and could go nitro dracing, i'd try real hard
to persuade 'the beard' and his son jim out of 'retirement'.

It would last until the DNQ's became a regular event , like with Morgan Lucas.

That's a little rough, Rahn I don't think was ever given ample opportunity to set Morgan's car up to run his way. All this stuff with running two cars identical doesn't work, IMO. I am definitely far from a qualified crew chief, but too many variables exist between cars to run them with identical setups.

Maybe Wayne could be the guy to get Morgan running good, put Hogan back with Melanie, and have Jon Stewart assist them both.

All just my .02 though.....

92 Larry minor team also had Green (mentioned), Mike Neff, Jason McCollugh (sp ck), R Flynn was assisting as well...

Both Kurt/Kevin Butterfield were w/ Force...Dean MaCarthy, Mike M...
Everyone of those mentioned could get the job done then as well as now...

I know Flynn was with Brotherton/ Gwynn team for at least the part of 92.

I'm definitely not defending Cruz, in fact I do not care for him as an owner since way back, mainly because of the way his loyalty runs so thin, but the following did peak my curiousity.
................Just curious how many times Cruzer was beat on hole shot since Wayno has been working for him.............
I went through the season and believe it or not, no races have really been lost due to Cruz's driving abilities, in fact he's one of the best in the class. There are really only 2 that he could have won that he didn't. He lost to Force in the final in Bristol, it was close but but he would have needed an .020 light to have won it. He also lost to Bernstein in round 2 at Seattle, it was also close, but he would have needed an. 002 light to have won that one.
However, there were 3 DNQ's this season, OUCH!

What I find curious is that Cruzer said he wants a tuner to integrate seemlessly with Dickie Venable's tuneup. One of the reasons given for Tobler's dismissal from the Kalitta camp is that his tuneup was very different from the Oberhofer gang's tuneup so the cars could not be setup the same. Isn't that exactly what Cruzer is fighting against now????

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back