Anyone need a crew chief? (1 Viewer)

Any bets on who replaces Wayne and where Wayne will end up? I think Wayne ends up with the Lucas team and I have no idea who will be the lead tuner with Cruz since he has gone through almost every crew chief in the business:eek:.

My bet is Wes Cerny. He and Cruz have worked together before. Oh wait...didnt Cruz fire him before as well?

I think Cerny was canned for the same reason that Dupuy was let go, which was that Cruz's set up wasn't exactly like Tony's set-up.

Damn Cruz is gonna have a hard time finding a crew chief this time. He is too quick to fire people. What a dumb time to fire him right before the countdown!
Hope Wayne finds a good team with some longevity this time. Wayne has had a rough couple of years to say the least, and Im not talking about his tune up.

Any bets on who replaces Wayne and where Wayne will end up? I think Wayne ends up with the Lucas team and I have no idea who will be the lead tuner with Cruz since he has gone through almost every crew chief in the business:eek:.

Wayne and Morgan hooked up again? Not a bad idea at all!!

It must have happened Sunday. I saw Wayne at the Night Under Fire, and everything seemed well. I wish him luck, he is a good guy!

Hmm, Tobler with Cruz... If that happens how long will that last.

I see next year I'll have to do a vbookie game on how many Crew chiefs Cruz will go through

Based on Cruz's reason for letting the last X number of crew chiefs go, his hiring process seems flawed. Doesn't he have a proxy Crew Chief in Dickie V?

He just needs a right hand man to work with Dickie. Any established Crew Chief is going to do what they think is going got make the car run as every crew chiefs theories and application is different.

I am not a Cruz fan, but I hate to see a team in self destruct mode, with a good sponsor like AA we cant afford to lose them.

Wayne is a good guy and tuner hope he finds a solid team, He can make a car run. Is Cruz that hard to work for? wow.

Cruz ought to just save a few bucks and let Dickie call the shots on both cars since he wants his like Tony's. Before long, Cruz is going to run out of crew chiefs to pick from or no one will want to work for him since he is so quick to pull the trigger.

Just curious how many times Cruzer was beat on hole shot since Wayno has been working for him.

Good luck Cruz, but I think you just assured yourself a spot out of the top 10 :rolleyes:

Wow, I guess I shouldn`t be surprised, but I thought Wayne would hang on a while longer. I`ve been a Cruz fan since he knocked off John in `92, and if I remember right he went thru a few tuners that year too. I agree with letting Dickie call the shots the rest of the year, it can`t hurt. Man, the brass at AAP must really like Cruz, because he hasn`t exactly been racking up the Wallys since he landed that deal. Somehow, I think Cerny comes back as his tuner.

here's one out of left field.......
wayne to join brother with 2nd UPS car.
(totally unsubstantiated thought)
i would like to see bob add a 2nd car though.

That was my first thought. Although before they chose KP I thought he would have been good for JR Todd

I don't know if AAP would be too concerned. Sponsorship isn't necessarily all about winning races. A big part of it is about how the driver represents the product and their popularity with the fans. Winning is just part of it.

Last edited:
Larry Meyer/Bernie F tuned Cruz to the 92 championship all year under the larry minor camp...
The Butterfield brothers could tune a fuel car easily...Kevin now has the opportunity.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back