Any thoughts on how '07 Funny Car is going to be ? (1 Viewer)

Bob, when that happens, I just highlight the text as though I were going to "cut & paste" it, and that makes it pop out and easy to read.

Funny car in '07 season? Well, I think if Robert Hight's team can get the consistency issues cleared up, he's going to give his Father-In-Law some real grief next year.

Ron Capps will be in the hunt again. I think the Ace is going to use the time off to study his data and will get things figured out.

Gary Densham will spend the first half of the season gathering data and establishing a consistent baseline tune up using the better parts he'll be able to afford with his new financial package. Although he's still not rolling in the money, he won't have to worry quite as much about breakage as he has the last two years, and will be able to lean on the combination a little more. I think he'll start being a thorn in everyone's butt by years end, maybe even getting another Wally for the mantle by Pomona. A top 10 finish is not out of the question for him.

You certainly can't count John out for no. 15. 'Nuff said.

Gary Scelzie has made no secret of the fact he's thinking of retiring in the not too distant future to devote more time to his family and business. It wouldn't surprise me to hear him announce this will be his last season for a while, perhaps joining the broadcast team on an irregular basis with more "Scelzie sez" productions. (C'mon you detractors. Admit it. The sight of Ron Capps in that dress was worth the price of admission alone.) He's got championship rings in both classes, and he's certainly got nothing left to prove to anyone, although I'm sure this season left a sour taste in his mouth.

I also think we've got a decent shot at T.J. and Melanie becoming the first Husband/Wife nitro winners combo in history some time this next season. Came close at least once that I can remember this last season. (Phoenix)

As for the new points system, I'm not convinced at all that it's a good idea, but they're not listening to me. We're stuck with it, and will just have to see how it all plays out.

I'll go on record here and say the season championship for '07 will go to the team that BRUTalizes the competition next year.

I'll come back in November and see if I'm a gene-yus or an idg-jit. :D

Thanks for the tip David. :)

Does anybody have a REAL handle on what is happening in F/C next year? It seems we get bits and pieces and all the announcements are not in yet for all the teams.

If somebody knows what driver/crew chief/sponsor, it would be nice to see it all in one place.:D

jim

He hee. I truly hated to see Scott's sudden boost of energy come at Capp's expense. It's all good though; don't forget that Ace is a former "Kalitta boy" himself. Trust me I know first hand that it's no sweat off Eddie The Ace's brow. He's got one tightazz Brut-wearin' group over there. They'll be right up front this year, too.

And oh yeah, can we get a Pic of the New Monster car. What the heck are they waiting on, or did I just miss that?

BTW, I was at a party with some legal folks from Bruton Smith INC or whatever, and I was told that there are no plans for a dragway at Lowe's Motor Speedway. :mad:

Last edited:
Well, we musta' let the cat out of the bag about Glenn because Toddy put out the press release today. Welcome to my home state of Michigan, Glenn!
May you enjoy the 14 or so days of sunshine per year!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back