Any Ricky Carmichael fans? (1 Viewer)

A lot of the ex-Motocross and Supercross guys head for 4 wheels it seems. Jeff Ward ran IRL/Cart/Whatever they called it. Rick Johnson ran some off road for awhile (not sure if he still does or not) and I think Jeremy Mcgrath might be headed for the auto racing ranks as well.

A lot of the ex-Motocross and Supercross guys head for 4 wheels it seems. Jeff Ward ran IRL/Cart/Whatever they called it. Rick Johnson ran some off road for awhile (not sure if he still does or not) and I think Jeremy Mcgrath might be headed for the auto racing ranks as well.

Jeff Ward ran the IRL and did well at times. He won at Texas motorspeedway for Chip Ganassi Racing in what I believe is still the closest 3 way finish in IRL history. If memory serves, I believe it was only 3 hun (.03) first to third, and they went across the stripe 3 wide.

This is not Carmicheal's first crack into NASCAR ... I am pretty sure he has run a few truck races.

Of course, they will all have a LONG WAYS to go to emulate John Surtees. He won 4 World Championships on Grand Prix Motorcycles then switched to cars where he later won the '64 F1 World Championship for Ferrari. AFIK, still the only man to win major championships on 2 wheels and 4.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back