Another Sponsor Gone (1 Viewer)

From what I am hearing, there will be at least one, and likely two more sponsors announcing their departure of NHRA racing for '08 and beyond, as well...

This is NOT good for the NHRA, but I have to be honest...I really feel like they brought it upon themselves by staying so stagnant and thinking PowerADE was going to save the world...They have done NOTHING to successfully grow this series...

Fire away....

Way too true, unfortunately and now times are about to get real lean.

S/F
D

From what I am hearing, there will be at least one, and likely two more sponsors announcing their departure of NHRA racing for '08 and beyond, as well...

This is NOT good for the NHRA, but I have to be honest...I really feel like they brought it upon themselves by staying so stagnant and thinking PowerADE was going to save the world...They have done NOTHING to successfully grow this series...

Fire away....

Jay, remember back in '99-'00 when Mopar and Pennzoil and other sponsors pulled out dumping stars like Mike Dunn and Eddie Hill and TF was considered done?

I have to agree with Mark on this one. I don't think it's a LACK OF COVERAGE issue with any of these sponsors leaving, more of a RESTUCTURING OF FINANTIAL SPENDING due to the economy. Notice how OIL COMPANY'S ARE NOT BAILING OUT ON CONTRACTS!!! Knoll Gas continues to pump in money to drag racing. They are in good shape compared to a weight loss product like Zantrac-3, or a fragrance like BRUT. I'm sure that Enrollment in the US Army is not where they'd like it to be, and budgets are being cut by the DEMOCRATIC Congress, and the majority of people want our troops out of the middle east. This may be a reason for the US ARMY pulling their sponsorship, not that ANGELLE and ANTRON did not make the countdown to 1!:rolleyes:

Timmah

Why would a company continue to invest money into an "advertising budget" when there is no t.v. coverage! You can't get your "media dollar's worth" since the countdown came into play.

It is about time someone cutback on the spending of the REPUBLICAN Congress!!! Maybe they should pull out of Iraq just like they did Prostock Motorcycle!

It is about time someone cutback on the spending of the REPUBLICAN Congress!!!
Whoops! I'm sure it was a slip of the keyboard that you typed that since it's the Democrats that now control Congress. Yes D-Harry Reid is your #1 now in the Senate and D-Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the House and Democrats have been in control, oddly enough, since our strong economic market lasting through 2005 has taken the dump .

Whoops! I'm sure it was a slip of the keyboard that you typed that since it's the Democrats that now control Congress. Yes D-Harry Reid is your #1 now in the Senate and D-Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the House and Democrats have been in control, oddly enough, since our strong economic market lasting through 2005 has taken the dump .

sorry Bobby! When was there a strong economy during a Republican Congress??????????????????????????

Lets not derail this thread with politics please. We have a place for that already.

Thanks,
Shannon

Sorry to hear about Kalitta gang losing a sponsor and I'm very glad Conrad will still field the car, I agree with many about how Grubby is a good guy and is good for the sport.

The "lack of coverage" is probably from "lack of performance". Didn't every team have 17 races to get a "winning" coverage?

Our economy is still pretty good, but I think non-automotive sponsors that are leaving drag racing probably don't think they are getting their monies-worth. Look at the teams who have kept their sponsors for many seasons and you will see teams who take care of their sponsors and I'm not talking about "hospitality areas" either.

It is the TEAMS responsibility to connect their sponsors product(s) to drag racing viewers. Teams who do this keep sponsors season-after-season.

Sorry to hear about Kalitta gang losing a sponsor and I'm very glad Conrad will still field the car, I agree with many about how Grubby is a good guy and is good for the sport.

The "lack of coverage" is probably from "lack of performance". Didn't every team have 17 races to get a "winning" coverage?

Our economy is still pretty good, but I think non-automotive sponsors that are leaving drag racing probably don't think they are getting their monies-worth. Look at the teams who have kept their sponsors for many seasons and you will see teams who take care of their sponsors and I'm not talking about "hospitality areas" either.

It is the TEAMS responsibility to connect their sponsors product(s) to drag racing viewers. Teams who do this keep sponsors season-after-season.

Not sure thats it quite that easy. Grubby was in the top 8 for most of the season. In fact wasn't he the one that Herbert bumped out? Still didn't get much coverage.

As for connecting to sponsors. I think Max Naylor mastered that yet they wanted to cut back their dollars this year. Did Dixon not do good for Miller? Angelle and Antron for the Army?

Exactly! The performance was there, just the end result was the shaft! Basic Research (Strivectin & Zantrex) exceeded their marketing goals in the first six months that they came on board. The t.v. coverage WAS there in years past, but this year, give me a break!

The more talk related to the crapdown reported on the espn2 shows, is less time for the sponsor's names to be announced, and the interviews with the loosing crapdown drivers getting to promote their sponsor rather than the non-crapdown drivers who win. The NHRA was too busy promoting themselvs and their crapdown! If I were a sponsor I would pull the sponsorship too if my winning driver didn't get a chance to promote my business if he or she is not in the countdown. Wake up NHRA.:mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back