Another Sponsor Gone (1 Viewer)

Connie has a passion for the sport and David is a great driver. I'm glad Connie will keep him out there.

Connie has a passion for the sport and David is a great driver. I'm glad Connie will keep him out there.

I think David is enormously marketable. He's as attractive as that darned Gecko! (and I mean that in a good way<G>)

I'd like to see him bring in a big mainstream sponsor.

Sad news! I am glad that Davey will be out there next year. Connie is a great sponsor of himself!!!

I wonder if this has anything to do with lack of coverage...................

Will always root for The Aussie from Ennis, Mont... and thank you Connie for keeping the car out there....

(Has anyone asked Boeing to step up to the plate?)

d'kid

Is it just me, I don't ever remember this many sponsors bailing out in one year. :confused:

Good grief they're dropping like flies.

Do we have the plauge or something.....

Glad to see he will still be out there.

Mmmmm wonder if Connie would like to 2nd funny car entry to sponsor...where'd that resume go?:D

Considering the state of the economy, this is not surprising. I base that only on the fact that I work in the construction industry and our commercial and residential markets are in the tank right now. I have to believe that there are plenty of industries feeling the same pinch. It definitely sucks that another sponsor is gone.

what a bummer! but im glad grubby will be out there in 08! again- thank you for the countdown NHRA, the big sponsors are dropping like flys- wake up please! brut, mopar, army(bikes), zantrax3, skytel, worshams to 1 car, how much is it going to take for the glendora crew to wake up! but glad to see kalitta racing will still have 4. good luck grubby!

I'm honestly suprised Zantrex was out there as long as they were! I thought they'd be gone after a year like Strivectin, but I'm glad Connie keeps investing in this sport like he does. If it weren't for guys like him and Evan this sport would be on life support!

Maybe it's the economy. Maybe they would have left, anyways. I did some searching on that product a year or so ago for a friend and found some scary things.

How many times I've been interested in a product due to advertising, then searched see what others thought about it before buying. :eek: The internet's definitely saved me otherwise wasted dollars.

I have to agree with Mark on this one. I don't think it's a LACK OF COVERAGE issue with any of these sponsors leaving, more of a RESTUCTURING OF FINANTIAL SPENDING due to the economy. Notice how OIL COMPANY'S ARE NOT BAILING OUT ON CONTRACTS!!! Knoll Gas continues to pump in money to drag racing. They are in good shape compared to a weight loss product like Zantrac-3, or a fragrance like BRUT. I'm sure that Enrollment in the US Army is not where they'd like it to be, and budgets are being cut by the DEMOCRATIC Congress, and the majority of people want our troops out of the middle east. This may be a reason for the US ARMY pulling their sponsorship, not that ANGELLE and ANTRON did not make the countdown to 1!:rolleyes:

Timmah

I just found out at The Vegas race that Zantrex was a diet pill...maybe it wasn't the best venue for their product.

NHRA's Compton, Darcy to speak at Motorsports Marketing Forum

I wonder what these guys can add???...." The NHRA is at an all time high in terms of attendance, and TV viewership because of our successful "countdown to the championship", nevermind that five race teams (Angelle, Antron, Arend, TJ and Stevens) are being parked because of lack of sponsorship, and three more are leaving (Brut, Skytel, and Zantrex-3), what matters here is that sponsors are going to be lining up to be a part of our highly successful form of motorsports".

Puhleez, don't insult our intelligence by telling us the skies have never been more blue, and that good things are on the horizon because of the vision of the leadership. If things were really this rosy, would these sponsors be downsizing their commitment to the NHRA or just plain leaving? I didn't think so.

Peace,
NHRAMike

A big part of the Zantrex-3 deal for Connie's group was Waterbed Fred - truly a wonderful man. As far as this effecting David, the team and the performance of the race vehicle.... the only thing this means for them is wearing a different color shirt now and getting used to the car & trailer painted differently. They will not change thier program whatsoever. Who knows; maybe this means the return of the black Kalitta Air dragster? Best of luck to Riola & the boys.... they have some unfinished business.

Good grief they're dropping like flies.

Do we have the plauge or something.....

Glad to see he will still be out there.

Mmmmm wonder if Connie would like to 2nd funny car entry to sponsor...where'd that resume go?:D

Yeah it's called the countdown virus! I'm sorry I couldn't help myself....:p

I think it's the state of the economy and lack of exposure.
Money is tight and getting tighter so if a company is going to spend a couple of million of their money to advertise they want to get the most bang for their buck.
Drag Racing is a difficult venue to sell in the advertising department, to much down time, and the countdown didn't help I'm sure!
Plus with the sanctioning body literally stealing potential sponsors right from under teams it's sort of a hostile environment.
NHRA or HD Partners need to help teams land the sponsor to keep your product in tact.
It might even get worse before it gets better.
Kicking up the purse would definitely help to offset sponsor dollars or lack of if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Considering the state of the economy, this is not surprising. I base that only on the fact that I work in the construction industry and our commercial and residential markets are in the tank right now. I have to believe that there are plenty of industries feeling the same pinch. It definitely sucks that another sponsor is gone.

From what I am hearing, there will be at least one, and likely two more sponsors announcing their departure of NHRA racing for '08 and beyond, as well...

This is NOT good for the NHRA, but I have to be honest...I really feel like they brought it upon themselves by staying so stagnant and thinking PowerADE was going to save the world...They have done NOTHING to successfully grow this series...

Fire away....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back