Another NHRA Supporter Closes the Doors (1 Viewer)

crane cams was no longer just crane cams - without all the facts,
can't assume this is just another 2007/2008 recession blamed failure.
this business sold in 2006 according the article, that alone is a big event.

We were just talking about this today. These racing parts companies are bought out by big "holding" companies, and they go down the tubes.

How many times has Joe bought Mr. Gasket back for ten cents on the dollar.

In reading some of the comments in the News-Journal article,it seems that there may be some Crane employees out to save the company after all.Hopefully this will happen.

It's happening a lot with a lot of different companies these days. A group buys a company when things are looking decent and assumes a debt load to do it. Then, when things turn south, the debt load crushed the new owners, and even the the enterprise that was bought may be making profit, it isn't enough to cover the debt load. The loans come due and the new owner has to fold the tent up and file bankruptcy.

Comp will probably buy up any assets... don't they buy everybody like MSD does?

Sad day for racers nonetheless

This is a very big story

Rich, I'd argue the opposite as the company has been on the ropes for over a year and has not introduced a new product of any significance in a lot longer time frame than that.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck, because it does. I'm just saying that it's not all that big a suprise unless you are hearing about it for the first time.

Not trying to pick a fight, just stating my opinion.

Brian

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back