Another sponsor downsizes (1 Viewer)

I'm glad they're sticking with Pro Stock! I hope this doesn't mean that the Stock Eliminator Challenger project is going to be scrapped.

Well, this just about sucks for the FC team. It is just one more sign on how crappy the economy is now. I hope Don is able to find other adequate sponsorship for next year.

Definitely a sign of the bad economy. Andy, the Stock Eliminator Challenger program is still a definite go, I drive an SRT so I read alot of the Mopar boards. It makes sense for them to promote sales of the Challengers, just like the Pro Stock program makes more sense for sales than a Funny Car does.

It makes sense for them to promote sales of the Challengers, just like the Pro Stock program makes more sense for sales than a Funny Car does.

Do you know if they will move from the Stratus next year? It doesn't make sense to have a model out there which is no longer in production.

I agree the Stratus no longer makes sense out on the track. The Challenger is probably too big, the Avenger would be more of the right size, but it's a 4 door. Dodge needs another mid size 2 door. I guess we'll find out in the next few months.

That's too bad about Mopar downsizing, but Scelzi is retiring anyways and does Don really need a fourth funny car? However, for the sake of Todd O and the rest of the team, I hope they do find a sponsor (and driver) for '09. If not, I'm sure they'll still find work. Disappointing season aside, that's still a very talented crew.

Leebone

I agree the Stratus no longer makes sense out on the track. The Challenger is probably too big, the Avenger would be more of the right size, but it's a 4 door. Dodge needs another mid size 2 door. I guess we'll find out in the next few months.

not to go off on a tangent...but what really needs to happen is for NHRA to update the Pro Stock rules to use cars like the Mustang, Challenger and forthcoming Camaro, rather than the FWD 'sports compacts' they favor now...(and make 'em look more like the production cars while they are at it)

not to go off on a tangent...but what really needs to happen is for NHRA to update the Pro Stock rules to use cars like the Mustang, Challenger and forthcoming Camaro, rather than the FWD 'sports compacts' they favor now...(and make 'em look more like the production cars while they are at it)

You've got a better chance at becoming the next "Joe the Plumber" . The economics of such a move would be prohibitive.

You've got a better chance at becoming the next "Joe the Plumber" . The economics of such a move would be prohibitive.

in the short term maybe...

but it's not like they haven't done it in Pro Stock before...heck they changed the body rules when GM stopped making Camarobirds, and that was only 6years ago or so

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back