another failed drug test / suspension (1 Viewer)

All I know is that if I were a driver and was picked to produce a sample, I'd chug a bunch of water and head for the test site. Too much rides on this to be putting it off until the last minute.

I think it's a case of some drivers looking at 24 hours and thinking that's a lot of time and then screwing it up. Finley should be fined, he played some kind of hand in this cause I cannot see the NHRA being 100% at fault, at most it's 50/50. I say NHRA should get stricter and give only that day at the track between the hours they are there (working around qualifying runs of course) and I think this would stop alot of the problems and help both parties.

I think it's a case of some drivers looking at 24 hours and thinking that's a lot of time and then screwing it up. Finley should be fined, he played some kind of hand in this cause I cannot see the NHRA being 100% at fault, at most it's 50/50. I say NHRA should get stricter and give only that day at the track between the hours they are there (working around qualifying runs of course) and I think this would stop alot of the problems and help both parties.

Instead of a 24 hour window they should just give them an hour at most. Take away the ability to circumvent or procrastinate.

Notified at 8:35 am Friday, first qualifying run at 4:05 pm Friday, can't find the time?

You are given a sheet to sign at notification that gives all the details of when, where and how, why go late at night expecting something different?

The test kit cups have a thermometer built in on the side, if you are providing a sample that is too cool/hot you should be immediately aware of this fact. If the fluids came out of your body, you need to see a doctor soon. If they didn't, you need to make adjustments to your stash before providing a second sample.

The tests are fair, equal, work and have helped a situation at racetracks that needed attention. It has not eliminated the whole problem and I feel more needs to be done. It is not NHRA's fault in any way if you cannot follow the rules you were given and fail to take a test. If you test positive, you are given the opportunity to seek help to rectify your problem. If you feel being under the influence of drugs/alcohol while competing is not a problem, please find a different sport to participate in for the safety of all my friends/family that may compete against you.

Notified at 8:35 am Friday, first qualifying run at 4:05 pm Friday, can't find the time?

You are given a sheet to sign at notification that gives all the details of when, where and how, why go late at night expecting something different?

The test kit cups have a thermometer built in on the side, if you are providing a sample that is too cool/hot you should be immediately aware of this fact. If the fluids came out of your body, you need to see a doctor soon. If they didn't, you need to make adjustments to your stash before providing a second sample.

The tests are fair, equal, work and have helped a situation at racetracks that needed attention. It has not eliminated the whole problem and I feel more needs to be done. It is not NHRA's fault in any way if you cannot follow the rules you were given and fail to take a test. If you test positive, you are given the opportunity to seek help to rectify your problem. If you feel being under the influence of drugs/alcohol while competing is not a problem, please find a different sport to participate in for the safety of all my friends/family that may compete against you.

I could not have said it any better. There's no excuse for him waiting until the last minute to take the test and now he must pay the consequences.

He failed the breathalyzer not the urine Drug test. his was alcohol related not drug. Failing to provide is just as bad as a fail for Drugs.

Actually the punishment is lesser for a failed test than failing to provide. In my earlier statement, there were 150 tests for Chicago not Norwalk.

Are there still any folks out there who don't think NHRA management needs to be thrown out on their ears? Where is the reason? Where is ANY sense of fair play?

Another in a long line of "decisions" showing an absolute absence of intelligence. These people are so far beyond stupid, they don't even qualify for politics.

They can take forever (how many months now?) to ok an enclosed cockpit that could very well save lives. But if your pee isn't warm enough, out you go this instant? Absolutely amazing.

Y'all want to know where the problem with our sport starts and ends? Look no further than the over-paid Nazis in Glendora.

Tell us how you really feel Marc. We only have one side of the story, but with NHRA's track record the one side seems to fit.

Rick

I agree with your statement Virgil, but when the person is at the location and had extenuating circumstances (like the temp) and they are still in process of performing the tests, why should the clock stop? Its not like they left the location after giving bad samples and came back later.
Should the rule be changed to "the subject has 24hrs to begin the testing procedure"? What if he had provided the last sample and the time ran out before it was tested?

I agree with your statement Virgil, but when the person is at the location and had extenuating circumstances (like the temp) and they are still in process of performing the tests, why should the clock stop? Its not like they left the location after giving bad samples and came back later.
Should the rule be changed to "the subject has 24hrs to begin the testing procedure"? What if he had provided the last sample and the time ran out before it was tested?

Is there a medical reason that the liquids from your body put directly into a cup with a thermometer would be less than 97 degrees?

To do it once can be considered a good try, but the second time? I feel they went out of their way giving a 3rd attempt, and if you wait until the last half hour to show up, who else can you realistically place the blame for time running out?

When member(s) of a team I am managing get picked and notified, they have nothing more important to do than to immediately go get tested. Once tested, it is off their mind and they can concentrate on their job. If they cannot pass the test, I don't want them around me or the car, even if it means we pack up our stuff and go home.

That is as clear as I can be about my opinion on the subject. And to show I practice what I preach, twice I have parked cars because I found out the drivers who rented the rides from me were using "packaged" courage.

Is there a medical reason that the liquids from your body put directly into a cup with a thermometer would be less than 97 degrees?

To do it once can be considered a good try, but the second time? I feel they went out of their way giving a 3rd attempt, and if you wait until the last half hour to show up, who else can you realistically place the blame for time running out?

When member(s) of a team I am managing get picked and notified, they have nothing more important to do than to immediately go get tested. Once tested, it is off their mind and they can concentrate on their job. If they cannot pass the test, I don't want them around me or the car, even if it means we pack up our stuff and go home.

That is as clear as I can be about my opinion on the subject. And to show I practice what I preach, twice I have parked cars because I found out the drivers who rented the rides from me were using "packaged" courage.

I absolutely agree 100% with compliance of the rules and as a racer I am always aware of what I am putting in my body not only during race weekend, but also leading up to one.
I have been tested during various activities and always tested immediately.
My main opinion is centered on the fact he was there and provided the necessary sample, not once, but three times. I don't think I could have done that. My body temp has always run about a degree below normal, so I have no doubt that someone may have more than a +/-1 degree variable.

I agree with an earlier post that you should have a tighter window, as 24hrs gives you time to get certain "toxin's" out of your body.
Should NHRA keep the lab open late, so competitors can go after the days over?

I have to agree with Virgil, on all counts.

I have friends who treat race weekends like Mardi Gras, planning out how much alcohol they need, who's partying where, drinking like kids until all hours, etc. etc. I just don't get it.

I plan out race weekends too -- like a race. Never do drugs (cause I gave that up back in the 70s), never get drunk (cause I stopped drinking to get drunk in college), and take the whole thing seriously. Yes, after the day is done I'll sometimes have a beer with dinner. But rarely more than that.

I haven't been NHRA drug tested, but I certainly have been elsewhere. And I certainly don't understand any strategy but doing it right away. Unless of course there's something to hide, or flush out of your system.

If they give you 24 hours, the place where you have to give the samples should stay open for 24 hours straight, not closed with a note on the door saying come back tomarrow at 8 AM. He got screwed!!

If they give you 24 hours, the place where you have to give the samples should stay open for 24 hours straight, not closed with a note on the door saying come back tomarrow at 8 AM. He got screwed!!

That's just silly. I'm guessing not a lot of people going in for their drug test at 4am...

I think most of us are overlooking the fact that these tests should be truly random. How about having a scheduled mandantory drivers meeting before racing starts, reading the list of names for drug tests, and having the facility set up and ready to go on the spot. No 24 hour window, you piss in the cup and pass or you don't race period. Sportsman would have their meeting and test on Thursday and pros on Friday. Make it simple, you attend and test if called,or you don't race.

That's just silly. I'm guessing not a lot of people going in for their drug test at 4am...

No, it isn't. When I used have a CDL they would send us to one of those 24 hour emergency clinics. I did quite a few between 8pm, and 8am. The would call you, and tell you which one to go to while you were on the road.

No, it isn't. When I used have a CDL they would send us to one of those 24 hour emergency clinics. I did quite a few between 8pm, and 8am. The would call you, and tell you which one to go to while you were on the road.

That's not a race. You're at a race track for a race. The race is dawn to dusk, not 24/7 like trucking.

Seriously. If you're racing a national event you get maybe 2, maybe 3, passes in a day. Let's say, just to be generous, it takes you an hour to get ready and to make a pass. So in the other 7 hours a day that you're not racing and the testing place is open you are doing what? My guess: drinking a boatload of water to get the liquor out of your system... :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back