Anderson Sets Top Speed, Slots Second on Friday in Indy (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]The biggest race of the NHRA’s drag racing season, the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals, got underway on Friday with a single qualifying run at O’Reilly Raceway Park. Greg Anderson and the Summit Racing team took full advantage of the opportunity, tripping the finish line timers in 6.635 seconds with the fastest speed of the session at 208.20 mph. Sitting in the seco nd position, the five-time Indianapolis winner was pleased to have gotten off to a strong start, and was confident of improving during one of his remaining four attempts.

“Although it was not what I would consider a good, quality run, it was still a nice start by our Summit Racing team,” said Anderson. “We had way too much of a wheelstand on that run. I don’t know if we have a broken wheelie bar or what else could be wrong, but it was a bit of a handful to drive, so to qualify No. 2 is definitely promising.

“Apparently we came here with a decent set-up and a good amount of power. Considering Jason and I are second and third, and I set top speed, things seem to be getting better. I know it’s only one day, but you definitely want to start out strong and not put yourself in an early hole. With our performance today, everyone should be pretty happy, and we’re itching to get back here tomorrow.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia. For more information, please visit Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back