Alan Reinhardt (2 Viewers)

That hasn’t been explained. This is a very good question, I’m wondering the same thing. I’ll be happy with Alan down there from now on. He’s excellent. Maybe he can do the announcing and the top end interviews at the same time. (An obvious joke). As a sidenote, I thought Costello did pretty well in the announcers booth too.
she (Amanda) doesn't do every race. She has other obligations in other race series.

Hey, I think NHRA has a very solid staff for the race announcing. Since Alan took over, I actually don’t even miss Bob Frey that much. I like every single one of them and what they do. They definitely all contribute.

I agree. I don't even mind Tony Pedregon (am I allowed to say that?). I really enjoyed the greats like Bob Frey and Dave McClelland. But Alan also has his own unique style, and I particularly enjoy that Alan delves into the technical side of things much more than the announcers of the past. And Alan is one of the few "in the know" insider types who still contributes regularly to this site.

I agree. I don't even mind Tony Pedregon (am I allowed to say that?). I really enjoyed the greats like Bob Frey and Dave McClelland. But Alan also has his own unique style, and I particularly enjoy that Alan delves into the technical side of things much more than the announcers of the past. And Alan is one of the few "in the know" insider types who still contributes regularly to this site.
Yeah. Tony is really good until he shoots his mouth off and says something stupid. Which is entertaining, probably scripted in advance, and makes sense in its own way. But it makes a lot of people angry. But it does make for nice conversation.
;)

I’m sorry to admit this, but I don’t know the pretty lady’s name is that stands beside Logan in the Low Zone. I know her name but it escapes me at the moment. She did some announcing in the tower at Vegas, and she was beyond great. I’m gonna feel stupid when somebody tells me what her name is, and somebody is going to accuse me of being sexist, but I really like her. She needs her own role - She’s terrific. Somehow a female announcer in drag racing is just incredibly awesome to listen to. It adds a sense of legitimacy or authority to what’s going on. Just my thoughts.

Think about it for a second. Let us know.

Last edited:
Yeah. Tony is really good until he shoots his mouth off and says something stupid. Which is entertaining, probably scripted in advance, and makes sense in its own way. But it makes a lot of people angry. But it does make for nice conversation.
;)

I’m sorry to admit this, but I don’t know the pretty lady’s name is that stands beside Logan in the Low Zone. I know her name but it escapes me at the moment. She did some announcing in the tower at Vegas, and she was beyond great. I’m gonna feel stupid when somebody tells me what her name is, and somebody is going to accuse me of being sexist, but I really like her. She needs her own role - She’s terrific. Somehow a female announcer in drag racing is just incredibly awesome to listen to. It adds a sense of legitimacy or authority to what’s going on. Just my thoughts.
Hannah is her name

Bruno was there doing the TV stuff, I was doing the in venue and nhra.tv stuff. It was just a weekend swap. Amanda wasn't there this weekend, as has been pointed out she is much in demand and we don't always fit into her schedule. Sometimes Joe fills in that roll.

It was fun for the weekend, but I'm looking forward to getting back to my spot in Chicago.

Hannah hasn't done much track play by play announcing, but the plan is to work her in more as she gains experience. I wasn't able to listen (filming for the YES program Friday morning) but glad to hear you guys liked what she did.

Alan

Hannah is listenable and doesn't insult our intelligence. Let her call Top Dragster or Alcohol FC and let her grow into the job.

will have to listen to hannah', not sure if i've heard her, or if i have, haven't been paying attention. my apologies.
i know amanda is in high demand; sure hope nhra/fox can retain her.
i agree with early comments that female commentary goes well with nhra drag racing, especially
with all the female drivers......what other motorsports will you tune into and catch a female/female interview :cool:

I think that Hannah was doing some top end interviews in 2019 and early 2020. I think she does a good job. I spoke to her briefly once, she seems like a nice lady. Cool to hear she got to announce a little bit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back