AB Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Gainesville (1 Viewer)

AB logo.jpg

Gainesville Pre-Race Report

NHRA Gatornationals
Event 3 of 22
Gainesville Raceway
Gainesville, Fla.
March 11-13, 2022

ANTRON BROWN: Driver of the Matco Tools Top Fuel Dragster
Brown 11.jpg

NHRA Gatornationals Event Highlights:
2013 event champion
Four-time runner-up:
Top Fuel: 2010, 2014, 2017
Pro Stock Motorcycle: 2006
Two-time No. 1 qualifier:
Top Fuel: 2010
Pro Stock Motorcycle: 2001

2021 Gainesville Recap:
Qualified 10th; Semifinal finish (defeated Mike Salinas in E1, Billy Torrence in E2; defeated by Shawn Langdon in E3)
Last Event (Phoenix):
Qualified 10th; First round exit (defeated by Shawn Langdon in E1)
Career Statistics:
463 races; 68 wins (16 Pro Stock Motorcycle); 49 No. 1 Qualifiers (11 PSM)
Noteworthy:
Made his NHRA debut at the 1998 Gainesville event while competing in Pro Stock Motorcycle
Quotable:
“A lot of exciting things going on in Gainesville for the AB Motorsports team. We’re especially looking forward to the Pep Boys Top Fuel Call-Out race. I’m stoked to be able to pick who we want to race, and compete for a nice chunk of change, which adds a whole other level of excitement to the weekend. The Gatornats are already a big race for us, but this Call-Out adds another layer, and I’m so pumped to be a part of it.
“Gainesville has always been a place of significance for me because its where my NHRA career started back in 1998 when I was racing motorcycles, and this feels like a full-circle moment because we’re returning to where I made my NHRA debut, but now competing with my own team, AB Motorsports.”

About AB Motorsports
Established in 2019 and making its on-track debut in 2022, AB Motorsports is a single-car NHRA Top Fuel team owned and operated by three-time world champion Antron Brown. Headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., the team competes on the 22-race NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of Matco Tools, Lucas Oil, Toyota, SiriusXM, Hangsterfer’s Metal Working Lubricants, and Summit Racing Equipment.
Brown, who serves as both the owner and driver of the AB Motorsports Top Fuel dragster, is the only competitor in NHRA history to have won races in both the Top Fuel and Pro Stock Motorcycle categories. Brown is a 68-time NHRA national event winner and became the first Black driver to win a major U.S. auto racing championship when he captured the 2012 NHRA Top Fuel series title.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back