AB Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Phoenix (1 Viewer)

AB logo.jpg

Phoenix Pre-Race Report

NHRA Arizona Nationals
Event 2 of 22
Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park
Chandler, Ariz.
February 25-27, 2022

ANTRON BROWN: Driver of the Matco Tools/Lucas Oil/Toyota Top Fuel Dragster
Brown 10.jpg

NHRA Arizona Nationals Event Highlights:
Three-time event champion (2009, 2012, 2014)
2011 runner-up

2020 Phoenix Recap:
Qualified 13th; Semifinal finish (defeated Terry McMillen in E1, Justin Ashley in E2; defeated by Doug Kalitta in E3)
Last Event (Pomona 1):
Qualified 10th; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Leah Pruett in E1; defeated by Justin Ashley in E2)
Career Statistics:
462 races; 68 wins (16 Pro Stock Motorcycle); 49 No. 1 Qualifiers (11 PSM)

Noteworthy
Brown's career-bests were clocked at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in 2018:
E.T. 3.667, 2017; speed 333.66 mph
Earned his Top Fuel license in 2008 at the Chandler, Ariz. facility
Quotable:
“I always love racing at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park, I have a lot of fond memories from that track. We tested well out there a few weeks ago so we have some good information to work off of. The weather is looking good and cool, and I know our Matco Tools/Lucas Oil/Toyota dragster is ready for business. We’re going to go out there, keep our heads down, and give it all we’ve got and see if we can turn on four win lights on race day. First, we’re going to qualify well, and then we’re going to attack race day.”

About AB Motorsports
Established in 2019 and making its on-track debut in 2022, AB Motorsports is a single-car NHRA Top Fuel team owned and operated by three-time world champion Antron Brown. Headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., the team competes on the 22-race NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of Matco Tools, Lucas Oil, Toyota, SiriusXM, Hangsterfer’s Metal Working Lubricants, and Summit Racing Equipment.
Brown, who serves as both the owner and driver of the AB Motorsports Top Fuel dragster, is the only competitor in NHRA history to have won races in both the Top Fuel and Pro Stock Motorcycle categories. Brown is a 68-time NHRA national event winner and became the first Black driver to win a major U.S. auto racing championship when he captured the 2012 NHRA Top Fuel series title.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back