A mater in need... (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Hey Maters,
I recently became aware of a situation concerning one of our favorite maters, Tim "Timmah" Charlet. Without going into detail, suffice it to say that Tim has found himself a few dollars short of having the money necessary for child care. After going through a divorce myself recently, I am very aware of the unanticipated financial problems that come out of seemingly nowhere. I'm sure Tim will fill you in on the exact nature of the situation if you pm him. He is making no effort to keep it a secret, but I would rather you hear the details from him than me rehashing them here.

Anyhow, Tim finds himself about $1600 short of the funds needed to continue child care where he now has his kids--no child care equates to hours and days off work to take care of "things" and as we all know, now is NOT the time to be doing ANYTHING to jeopardize one's job.

So here's the deal--someone has already stepped up and covered some of Tim's "shortfall" in a loan arrangement, but Tim is still short. I, like many others, don't have enough cushion to make a "large" loan to Tim to help him out, but I have a plan!:D

I told Tim I could give him 20 bucks--yeah, I know that's like standing on the brink throwing in snowballs to lower the temperature--or is it? My theory is that all of us that know Tim from here on the mater or in person can probably spare 20 bucks. So, I challenge Tim's other mater friends to see if they can shake 20 bucks loose and make it available to Tim to help him solve his most pressing problem...I doubt any of us will miss the 20 bucks, and I'm sure that Tim would be most appreciative. What do you say, fellow maters? Are ya in?

Just let me know where I need to send it. You never know when you will be the one needing help.

Either set up a PayPal account or PM me your mailing address Timmah! Help is on the way.....

Hey Maters! Thanks for the responses. Just talked to Tim and he gave me the ok to post his address so if any of you wish to contribute, you can send it directly to Tim:

Tim Charlet
10260 N Washington St Apt 1515
Thornton, Colorado 80229

My 20 bucks is on the way...and thanks to all of you!

Terry

Terry and all my Mater Friends:

I am truly at a loss of words right now. The only thing I can think of is this quote from my favorite movie of all time, "It's a wonderful life". At the end of the Movie, George Bailey realized how important his life was to many people, and when he needed help, all of his friends came out and supported him. When he saw his friends he saw a copy of "TOM SAWYER" that was from Clarence the angel. Inscribed in the cover was this quote from his "Guardian Angel" ...

"Dear George, Remember..No man is a failure who has FRIENDS!"

Honestly, Last Friday night, I had a moment just like George did, when he was leaning against the bridge praying to God for help. My Kids were in the living room of our apt, watching Toy Story story on the TV. I was in my bedroom, just staring at this Invoice for my Kids Day care that said, AMOUNT DUE BY 6-30-08... $1575.00, and then looked at my bank statement that said, Amount $112.43, just wondering how the heck I was going to make that payment, plus pay my $725.00 Rent on the First of August. I had tried every option I had, 401K loan, (not available due to not being VESTED at Fed Ex Yet), Advance payment, (Not available at my employer). Personal loans from Family, (not available due to illness of Grandmother). I simply did not know where to go. I sent a message to a few people here on the Mater, asking for help. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. But, it was about my kids, and my EGO or Pride, would take a seat for their benifit.

I have always been very Humble and Thankful for the people in my life who have helped me accomplish my goals in life. Obtaining my Competition License in the NHRA was a dream come true as a matter of fact, when Jack and Tom handed me my signed Competition License form in 2003, there were literally tears in my eyes. (Jack has said many times that was when he realized that we would be life long friends). That was 3rd happiest moment in my life, (the Birth of My kids, being 1 and 1A)! But, what you guy's and Gal's are doing here, truly leaves me in AWE! I am so thankful for any help that you can offer.

With the deepest Graditude and Thanks,

Tim Charlet aka "TIMMAH"

Terry and all my Mater Friends:

I am truly at a loss of words right now. The only thing I can think of is this quote from my favorite movie of all time, "It's a wonderful life". At the end of the Movie, George Bailey realized how important his life was to many people, and when he needed help, all of his friends came out and supported him. When he saw his friends he saw a copy of "TOM SAWYER" that was from Clarence the angel. Inscribed in the cover was this quote from his "Guardian Angel" ...

"Dear George, Remember..No man is a failure who has FRIENDS!"

Honestly, Last Friday night, I had a moment just like George did, when he was leaning against the bridge praying to God for help. My Kids were in the living room of our apt, watching Toy Story story on the TV. I was in my bedroom, just staring at this Invoice for my Kids Day care that said, AMOUNT DUE BY 6-30-08... $1575.00, and then looked at my bank statement that said, Amount $112.43, just wondering how the heck I was going to make that payment, plus pay my $725.00 Rent on the First of August. I had tried every option I had, 401K loan, (not available due to not being VESTED at Fed Ex Yet), Advance payment, (Not available at my employer). Personal loans from Family, (not available due to illness of Grandmother). I simply did not know where to go. I sent a message to a few people here on the Mater, asking for help. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. But, it was about my kids, and my EGO or Pride, would take a seat for their benifit.

I have always been very Humble and Thankful for the people in my life who have helped me accomplish my goals in life. Obtaining my Competition License in the NHRA was a dream come true as a matter of fact, when Jack and Tom handed me my signed Competition License form in 2003, there were literally tears in my eyes. (Jack has said many times that was when he realized that we would be life long friends). That was 3rd happiest moment in my life, (the Birth of My kids, being 1 and 1A)! But, what you guy's and Gal's are doing here, truly leaves me in AWE! I am so thankful for any help that you can offer.

With the deepest Graditude and Thanks,

Tim Charlet aka "TIMMAH"

Hey No sweat there Timmah, besides Terry PM'd us all and said you got the Beer for Vegas!!!!!:p;):eek:

Some more help is on the way. Thanks for the PayPal account. I know they take their cut but the money's instant. You're worth every penny Timmah.

Tim, mine's in the mail also...wish it could have been more...but you should have it Monday I think. and....I guess when I called you I did forget to mention the Vegas/beer deal.....sorry bout that....thanks for reminding me Joe! Hang in there, Timmah. It was a pleasure meeting you in person on the mountain, and I hope to see you maybe when you make your pilgrimage to Nebraska, ok?

Tim, real sorry to hear/read this. :( Hope things turn around for you real soon. Mail going out today. Best of luck to you.

Mr. Jean, Padawan, Charlie, Paul and Terry.... thank you very much for your help and your words of encouragement. Every penny has helped and will help me get thru this mess. The awesome part about the past few days is that I have had a great chance to spend some quality time with my kids. Work is being (UNDERSTANDING) for this week, but it may get ugly next week. But, with what people have already sent, and are sending, and the arrangement I have made with the day care, they SHOULD be back at the Summer Base program on Monday with their friends and I should be back to work. Plus, a new opportunity for a new Career has opened because of this situation. So, as usual, I see a very silver lining in this "DRAMA"...;)

Once again, thx for all the help and support guys and gals! I truly appreciate it!

Timmah!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back