A Force Hood.... (spoiler alert!) (2 Viewers)

john's real problem was that it broke so early he did not even have enough
speed to coast into espn zone at finish line.
ashley's interview was almost complete as john had to be pushed off track,
coasting (with help) and climbing from car with his negative remarks.

i don't think john could have really cared less who won or lost, but to be
deprived of a final round interview at indy!!??.......what could be worse!:eek:

i was seriously hoping for John and Ashley to have a great side by side run down to the stripe to erase any doubt about john taking a dive and well .......

Do you think that would have mattered James?

If John and Ashley had raced side-by-side 4.120's at Identical speeds, but John was a little tardy on the tree....SOMEBODY WOULD STILL SAY "The Fix Was In"....

What if the roles were reversed and Ashley had the "Throttle Cable Break"? Somebody would have said..."OH...Ashley and Guido threw the race for Dad to win the title...." (he was number one going into the countdown after all....)

Either way....and NO MATTER WHAT JFR does, there will ALWAYS be a 'discussion' on "the expert boards" about how legitimate the events were which took place...

Well it certainly doesn't look good two years in a row but hey I'm willing to give the 14 time Champ the benefit of the doubt.
Any way you look at it a Force car was going to win and the points reset and neither of them were in line for the extra 20 #1 qualifier points.

The way Neff has Johns car running the little girl may need all she can get ! :D

No team orders at DSR ! All out ! The way it's supposed to be !

Do you think that would have mattered James?

If John and Ashley had raced side-by-side 4.120's at Identical speeds, but John was a little tardy on the tree....SOMEBODY WOULD STILL SAY "The Fix Was In"....

What if the roles were reversed and Ashley had the "Throttle Cable Break"? Somebody would have said..."OH...Ashley and Guido threw the race for Dad to win the title...." (he was number one going into the countdown after all....)

Either way....and NO MATTER WHAT JFR does, there will ALWAYS be a 'discussion' on "the expert boards" about how legitimate the events were which took place...
BINGO !! That's it in a nutshell Tim !!

Do people here really believe that in a quick 6 race showdown, JFR has the desire to attempt and manipulate the final countdown standings? JF was in 1st place going into Indy and leaving in 1st place. He is not risking giving that position up. AFH was down in 8th place. The risk (IMO) of trying to tighten up the gap with all the JFR cars in the countdown is a risky venture at best and I think John knows that. One mistake at 1 race and you can go from the Penthouse to the Outhouse with little chance of recovery.

Am I the only one who thinks John's only goal right now is to win championship #15 and wave in front of all the naysayers faces? Obviously, if he can't, then his primary goal would be for it to be Ashley. However, I think John is primarily focused on winning the championship himself.

P.S. I am not even a JFR fan ... but the TMZ mentality that is exhibited here sometimes just floors me.

I think JFR ran that race straight up but you've got to admit, from a business point of view it made better sense for AFH to win. John went to Indy in first and left in first. AFH jumped up a few spots. The higher you can place your team overall the better for the sponsor. John mentioned he was working for a deal with Castrol for next year. Also during that "Ice In You Viens" segment, he metioned how hard he romps the loud pedal because he so focused on winning. One could say "wow, John hit the pedal so hard he broke the cable or the mount". I have not seen a broken throttle cable in long time. I cannot even remember the last time I saw that. And the whole "don't touch the car, I want the cameras to see it before the bs starts" I thought was a little defensive. Me thinks thou protest too much.

I'm a Force fan. But ever since last years Indy where it was so obvious him throwing the race for Robert and then AFH winning over a burning Robert I think you can't NOT be a little suspect. You can turn a car to burn itself up. I think John will do whatever is best for JFR before he'll do whatever is best for the sport. You cannot expect anything else out of the man.

With that said, he's still that baddest dude out there and the greatest of all time.

Yup, and until John and Ashley or John and Robert Hight have a real competetive race in the Finals of a race, not just Indy, this is gonna keep coming up.

I really wanted John to get beat in the semi' finals, only to keep something like this from occurring. Unfortunately, my inate cynicism was once again rewarded. I don't know how many times John has raced Ashley in a Final, but I "do" know that he "was" in the other lane against her when she won her first Funny Car Final in Atlanta several years ago, and that wasn't much of a race, and neither was this one. I can believe that the throttle cable or bracket broke, but the question is WHY THEN? If John wants to stop the speculation about throwing a race, then somehow he needs to figure out a way to get down the track under full power when it counts against Ashley and Robert!

PS: I know he has beat Ashley as well as Robert in earlier rounds in some races, but when it is the Finals of a race, you hope both cars have clean runs, which doesn't seem to be happening for John. And just in case any of you are gonna label me a Force-hater, I'm not. I just would like to see things go better for him so there is no question about a win.

Yer SPOT ON Tim. No mater what.
Folks our soprt is BIG business, like it or not, it's also a "TEAM" effort now.
I personaly see nothin wrong with "dives" , other sports do it all the time, but, thats for another thread.

Congrats Team Force on the WIN + RU.

Well, let's all solve this problem....next race, how about all you experts tell us what the game plan is BEFORE the race. It's pretty damned easy to throw out accusations to fit your story after the fact but I haven't heard anyone lay out the "plan" ahead of time yet. If the object is to have the winning team, why the hell would Force not take the win in the final and keep distancing himself from everyone to be sure he won the whole shootin match? Sometimes the paranoid ramblings just don't follow a logical pattern, do they?

One year ago I was livid. Today, 1 year more immature I say I don't blame JFR for anything that happens in the Final. Heads up or not. Who cares right. I mean when you have the ability to do what you want in life you do it!

I'm pissed that the other 13 teams out there couldn't make it happen. Hell it's their job, not mine to be pissed all day Tuesday.

Wayne, good call on the spoiler lingo. No Names! Late

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back