4 Wide SUCKS (1 Viewer)

tx_trojan

Nitro Member
I am an LVMS disciple, but Bruton is way off on this....

NHRA needs to man-up and not allow a track owner to screw with the culture!

I have worked every 4-Wide and I will tell you, it sucks to watch from the back. TV sucks, but then it sucks with 2-wide. But, if you are down track at 700 or 800 feet, it's the baddest show you'll ever watch, in my opinion. Pro Stock is the best to watch.

LVMS, also a Bruton Smith owned track, has the room on the right side of the dragstrip, to screw-up, and turn into, a Cub Scout, 4 wide Pine Wood Derby track too! Notice the space at the starting line, how far the finish line score board on the right side is spaced over, and the dirt has been graded from the tunnel to the top end...
Sorry B.S.A. for compairing 4-Wide to Pine Wood!:D

LVMS, also a Bruton Smith owned track, has the room on the right side of the dragstrip, to screw-up, and turn into, a Cub Scout, 4 wide Pine Wood Derby track too! Notice the space at the starting line, how far the finish line score board on the right side is spaced over, and the dirt has been graded from the tunnel to the top end...
Sorry B.S.A. for compairing 4-Wide to Pine Wood!:D

My buddy that works at LVMS said Bruton brought a crew to make the lanes soon after ZMax was built. Apparently locals raised hell and Bruton called the boys off.

I am sure it is an assault of the senses, but it should be an exhibition race, not a points race

I love the facility and the effort that they have put into the race, but....

I also am not a fan of 4-Wide drag racing:
1. It robs the fans of one round of racing
2. Makes lane choice even more critical
3. It is hard to follow

CONFUSION NATIONALS !

A sad state of confusion ! No one can keep track of whats going on !
Embarrassing !

Leave it as an oddity like the Nascar Road Tracks !

Wish Dave good luck going after NHRA for their inability to adhere to their own rules ! :D

Dave is right, LV was built with 4-wide in mind. If we get a 4-wide west, i'tll be at LV.

Whats not to like, outstanding numbers, new records, personal bests. I love it.

I hate it, and the fans do too. Just saw an aerial shot on TV and the stands couldn't have been more than 1/3rd full.

Let this stupid idea die -- or at least make it some special event that I can ignore...

In real life it is amazing the first time you hear 4 nitro cars at once. Everyone should see it once. TV cannot do this justice. The sound and vibration are almost too much for your body.

I can't help but think of it kinda like having 4 boxers in the ring at once. Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. I just DVR'ed it and fast-forwarded through 3 hours of confusion and boredom to see who won. Thank Gawd they only waste one race a year on this turd. BTW, how in the hell did Graham Light get his job? He is the least-personable, my-way-or-the-highway guy I've ever heard of. Got to admire someone who doesn't let facts get in the way of his personal views of the rulebook...

The only thing i didnt like was i couldnt get to the track on sunday. missing a little piece of history makes it worse.

I was sitting almost exactly on the start line on saturday and it was awesome. i wish i hadve gone down track further and watched a bit from there

The other part i didnt like was buying two jfr beanies (amongst other things) from the nitromall and not realizing they didnt remove the security ink tags until i got back to my hotel.

In real life it is amazing the first time you hear 4 nitro cars at once. Everyone should see it once. TV cannot do this justice. The sound and vibration are almost too much for your body.

All of my friends who have seen it live said it is awesome! But the added downtime is a Pain!

The hell with 4 wide...make it 16 wide...run all the cars at once...first one there wins....then they could show it on live tv..the crowd will see the whole race without having to get up and buy stuff between rounds...it's the future of the sport..why do we want to stay stuck in the past with one on one racing? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dont Know who your friend is but I think hes way off base. no one was brought in to build a 4 lane at vegas.

LVMS was designed as a 4 lane drag strip ... NHRA shot the idea down (previous poster was correct about right side of track being leveled off and scoreboard placement). It would be neither hard nor expensive to "complete" LVMS.

Bruton was not going to be denied in his own backyard of Concord.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back