3rd KB Pro Stocker in Indy (1 Viewer)

Why is multi-car teams all of a sudden a problem? No one had any Problems when John Force added a 2nd and 3rd car?

Personally, I don't have a problem with multi-car teams, Joe. I think there should be some limits, but as a whole, I say "bring 'em on". Fields are hard enough to fill these days. Not so much Pro Stock as the fuel categories, but then again, even Pro Stock has come close to only having 16 on a couple of occasions this year.

I was just giving my opinion about the 3rd KB car. I believe it to exclusively be a blocker, whether I'm wrong or not. Matthew says not to hold my breath, but when you couple the timing of when this car is coming out with the fact that KB no longer has the significant power advantage they've come to enjoy, you'll never convince me any different. And it's not that I care one way or the other, because I would probably do the same thing if I were racing for a championship and had the resources available to me to do so.

Sean D

way to go team kb! good luck to rob, and to all the kb haters- you know who you all are, here we go about the money thing again :rolleyes: yeah like team cagnazzi, the johnsons, both johnsons ect ect ect are really clipping coupons lol. how soon we forget that ron krisher is a team car to the cagnazzis, and if my adding is right , thats 3 cars :D

Jeff,

It's pretty obvious I'm a Dodge guy...through and through. That said, I see nothing wrong with KB/Greg Anderson adding a third car. A few years ago DSR had four at Denver. If it's a blocking move, so be it. If it's R&D that's great too. It's the biggest race of the year and they are simply doing everthing they can to win it. Call it what you want, they're trying to win.

The field is very close these days. There's no big advantage like in the past. The Cagnazzi cars have proven themselves as the cars to chase. The Summit cars are just a tick behind and are trying to win. Kurt Johnson is strong, as are the Johnson Dodges. It's a different class than it was three or four years ago.

I say bring 'em on, line 'em up and let 'em rip.

I still think Allen Johnson will kick their tails!!! :D

Y'all remember if you're in, you can win? NHRA goes to a 32 car show in P/S, they will get the cars to fill the show. As it is now, we're looking at 10 to 12 cars trying to fill 4 spots on the ladder...

and here's an idea, 2nd session Friday, Make the quickest cars from session 1 run first, and Saturday all draw for pairing number... and stop the stupid left lane right lane swap thing in all pro classes...

session 1, the person ahead in points gets lane choice, after that, the quicker of the pair gets lane choice...

d'kid

Y'all remember if you're in, you can win? NHRA goes to a 32 car show in P/S, they will get the cars to fill the show. As it is now, we're looking at 10 to 12 cars trying to fill 4 spots on the ladder...

and here's an idea, 2nd session Friday, Make the quickest cars from session 1 run first, and Saturday all draw for pairing number... and stop the stupid left lane right lane swap thing in all pro classes...

session 1, the person ahead in points gets lane choice, after that, the quicker of the pair gets lane choice...

d'kid

Interesting thoughts on the lane swapping issues, Karl, but don't you think the guys/gals would want to make equal runs in each lane to maximize race day data? I understand the theory of wanting to make more runs in the better lane, but I would think that if you lost lane choice during eliminations you would want some data to fall back on. Plus, don't you think that could potentially shortchange the weaker teams by being forced to run in the weaker lane the majority of the time?

Maybe I completely misunderstood what you were getting at, but I think equal runs in each lane is the only fair way to go.

Sean D

To me its no big deal r&d ,or blocker, dive car who cares. At least its an up front deal and not one in which Greg secretly gives a car and engine to Billy Bob and they come outta nowhere. They are saying we are running a third car at Indy under kb racing. The car has to qualify and earn its way into the field . If they do then they deserve to be there just like the other 15 teams. I would not be suprised if anyone else did it either. If he has the money to do it so be it . Everybody else has the same opportunity to enter another car Greg and Ken are just ponying up the capital to do so.If you are not a fan of Greg no matter what you have to give the dude kudos for what he has done and continues to do.
I am not a Greg Anderson fan just merely A fan who pulls for anyone who pulls up next Dave C. on any given Sunday. But.... as long as Dave qualifies he deserves to be there just like everyone else.

I don't think it is a dive car at all.

If Billy Dingman is involved, who owns the car Rob drives in IHRA, he wouldn't even entertain the idea if they couldn't go out there and race, not dive.

Not to mention, isn't INDY a great place to start a new team, introduce a new car because of the publicity. I believe Jeg Coughlin introduced the JEG's Cobalt at INDY a few years ago.

Tony

Good Luck Rob and Co.

I don't think it is a dive car at all.

If Billy Dingman is involved, who owns the car Rob drives in IHRA, he wouldn't even entertain the idea if they couldn't go out there and race, not dive.

Not to mention, isn't INDY a great place to start a new team, introduce a new car because of the publicity. I believe Jeg Coughlin introduced the JEG's Cobalt at INDY a few years ago.

Tony

Good Luck Rob and Co.

You make good points, Tony, especially about Indy being a great place to start a new team. But I'm sure you would at least agree with the fact that it's an opportune time to debut a team car at the race before the points restructure, by a team that has lost just a bit of their edge. Again, not saying it's a bad thing, because I would do it too. But I do believe the car has a purpose other than R&D.

At the end of the day, I'm sure we'll all have the opportunity to see, because they're bound to get-it-on with each other at some point throughout the rest of the year.

Sean D

Interesting thoughts on the lane swapping issues, Karl, but don't you think the guys/gals would want to make equal runs in each lane to maximize race day data? I understand the theory of wanting to make more runs in the better lane, but I would think that if you lost lane choice during eliminations you would want some data to fall back on. Plus, don't you think that could potentially shortchange the weaker teams by being forced to run in the weaker lane the majority of the time?

Maybe I completely misunderstood what you were getting at, but I think equal runs in each lane is the only fair way to go.

Sean D

Point is, There SHOULD NOT be a 'better lane'... if you make four passes Friday and Saturday all in one lane, then shame on you... and if you get stuck in a 'bad lane' all four shots in qualifying, most likely, guess where you will be Sunday... LOL...

Personally, I liked the 'bad old days' when there wasn't a 'set' time to run, and no special lane prep happened before the 'PRO' sessions... drag your mess to the lanes as many times as you wanted, every class from AA/FD to stocks got run 3 or 4 pairs, then on to the next class, okay, sometime they ran out all the stock and super stocks...

Guess my point is, How do we slow down the Nitro Cars? really simple, stop grooming the track before they run... and stop letting everybody and their mother walk the track before each round.... oh yeah... take away the timers...

just my $5.00 worth... funny it used to be 2 cent...

d'kid

somebody please explain why all the animosity surrounding greg/jason.
couple of dedicated guys in their chosen profession.
no different than any successful business; and look no further than
v. cagnazzi racing......quite an accomplishment with their 2 car team,
much less hustling to put together charter comm. deal and get
dave back on the track and in contention for points deal.

it's all good.

Mike-
It is the nature of people. Everybody loves an underdog. There was a guy back in the 80's and 90's sponsored by Wendy's, Castrol, Jolly Rancher etc... (can't remember his name) who was an underdog and everybody cheered for him. Then he became successful, added cars and now there are people who like to throw rocks at him. It's fun to cheer for the little guy. It's even more fun to try and tear them down when they become successful and popular. If Wilkerson, Zizzo or Novelli went on a 10 year championship run, people would do the same to them.

Well, I certainly can't argue with that................

Thanks for ruining all the fun, Karl. :mad:

Sean D

sorry Sean...

perfect track prep... run the sweeper down... scrape it... one pass of VHT... and that's it for the weekend...

oil down? kitty liter, sweep it...

maybe I am too much of an old far....opps:eek:
worked for years when it was a Drag Race and not a Drag Racing Show:rolleyes:

d'kid

Mike-
It is the nature of people. Everybody loves an underdog. There was a guy back in the 80's and 90's sponsored by Wendy's, Castrol, Jolly Rancher etc... (can't remember his name) who was an underdog and everybody cheered for him. Then he became successful, added cars and now there are people who like to throw rocks at him. It's fun to cheer for the little guy. It's even more fun to try and tear them down when they become successful and popular. If Wilkerson, Zizzo or Novelli went on a 10 year championship run, people would do the same to them.

John,

Not everybody. Force had a sense of humor, I could relate to him. It wasn't because he was an underdog, he was funny as.... now he's just... well, just not the same... but like I've said, I like a lot of the people that work with him and still root for his teams. I like GA, I like KJ, Jerry E. and Larry Morgan

I've never liked WJ, any more than I liked Glidden. Top of my list of don't likes is Snake... I respect him, I like and root for Dixon and Donnie B, just like I rooted for Larry's Mom and Dad... my dislike for Don goes back 40 years.

d'kid
I could go on for hours:eek:

we talk about dives like they are a bad thing. As a fellow racer i have thrown races for my team; because at that moment in time you have to do what is best for the team. There is not one person who would not throw a race if you were in JFRs shoes, if you dont agree with that statement you are lying to yourself.

They have to look out for the best interest of the team. KB is pretty smart for bringing in a third car. This increases his odds of winning by that much more. This is why we have these things called teams; i LOVE it!

There is not one person who would not throw a race if you were in JFRs shoes, if you dont agree with that statement you are lying to yourself.

From my perspective, you're half right. If I were in John Force the owner's shoes, then yes. If I were in John Force the driver's shoes, then no.

As a driver, I would take any win/championship that involved any sort of diving as the emptiest of victories, and to be quite honest, it would eat on me for the rest of my life. I think that's part of being a true competitor; wanting every single victory, whether it's rounds, races or championships, to be complete and not wanting to have anything to do with this sort of thing.

I'll pass on the asterisks, thank you!

Sean D

From my perspective, you're half right. If I were in John Force the owner's shoes, then yes. If I were in John Force the driver's shoes, then no.

As a driver, I would take any win/championship that involved any sort of diving as the emptiest of victories, and to be quite honest, it would eat on me for the rest of my life. I think that's part of being a true competitor; wanting every single victory, whether it's rounds, races or championships, to be complete and not wanting to have anything to do with this sort of thing.

I'll pass on the asterisks, thank you!

Sean D
I don't know about that, you should ask Melanie how she feels about missing the countdown last year. I bet Morgan Lucas wishes he had that run to do over again. His team has never quite recovered from that colossal mistake. Yeah he's self sponsored for so he had no one to answer to, but taking your teams only change at a championship away is bad business.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back