20th to 4th??!?!??! (1 Viewer)

What kind of a moron would think a team was diving in a FC with .025 at the stripe? When I was watching it last night, I didn't catch the throttle blips as Robert let John go around him, but maybe ESPN is part of the cover up. :rolleyes:

As far as comebacks are concerned, Schumacher's doesn't even come close to this, and I really don't see how the comparison can be made. Even without the Countdown crap, Force could probably still come back and win it all. No one has ever come close to having that kind of comeback.

But again since they are going to give him points twice during the countdown it takes away the drama from how far he came. Afterall now he'll enter the "playoffs" as the 4th seed? No big deam coming to win from there

Actually PJ you know how I feel about the chase but it may actually be tougher to get it done. Before you go nuts just listen. Under a normal run you will have a number of chances in case you mess up somewhere along the line.

But when it comes to this year you have to be almost perfect with no mistakes or mechanical failures or you are out of the picture. So in that way it is going to be a lot more stressfull.

That was just the cut to 8, what happens when it goes to 4? Not to mention that the rest of the field has nothing holding them back from unloading everytime you are at the line????

Just my opinon. Easy, remember we are on the same side.....:cool:

jim

Actually PJ you know how I feel about the chase but it may actually be tougher to get it done. Before you go nuts just listen. Under a normal run you will have a number of chances in case you mess up somewhere along the line.

But when it comes to this year you have to be almost perfect with no mistakes or mechanical failures or you are out of the picture. So in that way it is going to be a lot more stressfull.

That was just the cut to 8, what happens when it goes to 4? Not to mention that the rest of the field has nothing holding them back from unloading everytime you are at the line????

Just my opinon. Easy, remember we are on the same side.....:cool:

jim

I would think it puts more preassure on the rest. He is already running good
but is 201 points down, after Reading assuming he's still in 4th he'll only be 30 points down. A freight train looks a helluva lot scary from 30 feet compared to 201 feet. Also he now has a blocker/diver outside the fakeoffs (ashley) that can help him and/or Robert.

As far as comebacks are concerned, Schumacher's doesn't even come close to this, and I really don't see how the comparison can be made. Even without the Countdown crap, Force could probably still come back and win it all. No one has ever come close to having that kind of comeback.

Maybe not :rolleyes: But untill John needs the final run of the year to set a national record and win, then I might think wow! I am impressed by John's comeback though, but before you jump the gun, let's wait and see if he wins it all first!!!

Here's a pic of the greatest "DIVE" ever!

Photo Gallery: Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals

Hahaha, thanks for giving me a laugh Justin.

What a dive :rolleyes:

Here is my photo from the great........... dive...

teamplans.jpg

Well looks like John put in team orders over the radio lol

Excuse the poor paint skills, this mouse is busted!

Well Steve and Joe have checked in. Where's Paul to complete the trio. JFR threads seems to draw them in for their dose of rebuttal?

Oh, John's comeback had the rev-limiter activated as per the rules.

Hahaha, thanks for giving me a laugh Justin.

What a dive :rolleyes:

Here is my photo from the great........... dive...

teamplans.jpg

Well looks like John put in team orders over the radio lol

Excuse the poor paint skills, this mouse is busted!

Priceless Michael! At 320 MPH it's still so easy a caveman could do it?

Well Steve and Joe have checked in. Where's Paul to complete the trio. JFR threads seems to draw them in for their dose of rebuttal?

Well, I hadn't read this thread till just now, and am only chiming in because you personally called me out.

Rebutt? To what? I agree with the OP !

:confused:

Force's latest performance is scary. His march has been impressive however I don't feel that it's as impressive as it looks when some teams have been "experimenting" once they locked into the chase. I'm not saying the latest Force march would be any different if it weren't for the chase but it makes me wonder. I feel coming back to get into the top 8 isn't quite the same as coming back and winning the World Championship and having to set a national record to accomplish it. I'm not even a Schumacher fan but that was amazing to watch the end of that season unfold. Regardless Force is showing why he IS the "Man to beat" in F/C and until someone does he rules the class.

I would think it puts more preassure on the rest. He is already running good
but is 201 points down, after Reading assuming he's still in 4th he'll only be 30 points down. A freight train looks a helluva lot scary from 30 feet compared to 201 feet. Also he now has a blocker/diver outside the fakeoffs (ashley) that can help him and/or Robert.
Ashley can't help much if SHE can't qualify:(

I did not have any doubts that Force would be in the final 8...And probably the champion for 2007...
But some other cars who have little past data, like Bernstein, show that if you show up w/ enough money anyone could be a top player....

I did not have any doubts that Force would be in the final 8...And probably the champion for 2007...
But some other cars who have little past data, like Bernstein, show that if you show up w/ enough money anyone could be a top player....

Terry,
I'll agree with your assessment on Bernstein. He and Walsh have surprised me with their performance while a number of the seasonsed teams continue to struggle. I'll admit it's great to agree with you every once in a while.!

Bobby,

Good to 'agree' on something eh?
I knew Force would be there and will be champion for 2007, my guess...
Bernstein's success was no surprise to me and others as well...Kenny is one of the good guys on the business side and can steer a fuel car w/ the best of em..
Currently there are more than enough top-shelf crew-chiefs that are on a race-to-race contract so if someone shows up w/ a fuel license and enough money and parts they could be a top ten player easily...

Terry,
I'll agree with your assessment on Bernstein. He and Walsh have surprised me with their performance while a number of the seasonsed teams continue to struggle. I'll admit it's great to agree with you every once in a while.!

KB is still one of the best all time drivers, so if the tune up is close, he is a threat to win a race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back