20th to 4th??!?!??! (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
John Force's comeback this year has been one of the greatest in drag racing history. I wouldn't doubt that he could (if the points remained the same) still catch up with everyone. Incredible.

Maybe that's why he has all those chamionships. A few races ago a lot of guys had him written off as a has been.

KB isn't too shabby either, eh?

awesome job by big john and the team! he and robert absolutly raced straight up in the semis!!!! another great win. john now#4 is mindboggling. even if he doesnt win the championship, this is the greatest comeback ever!

That's what TEAM MATES are for Stevie...

You believe in Santa Claus Too?

Don't even think Robert, Jim and Eric Lane would lay down for John or that he would want them too

Would they laydown for the BOSS?.....absolutely. The least he could do is say thanks. :rolleyes:

Oh and I am Santa by the way. :D

And Promoters and Star Racers never paid people to park a car so the Star could get back in on the 'break rule'....

Big Teams ARE the only thing keeping PRO drag racing alive Steve... Deal with it

And Promoters and Star Racers never paid people to park a car so the Star could get back in on the 'break rule'....

Big Teams ARE the only thing keeping PRO drag racing alive Steve... Deal with it

EXCELLENT post carl. multi car teams are keeping the nhra in buisness, some people just cant get over the face this isnt 1964 anymore. you just dont do it on a shoestring budget anymore, its a multi million $, multi car sport and i love it :D jo papa john!!!!!!!!

How exactly is this giving John the round? He left on him and if John had even just skimmed into tire smoke it would have been a defeat:

2 Robert Hight 1 John Force
E3 0.091 4.813 313.44 ****WINNER**** 0.107 4.777 322.42

You people need to get a grip.

Justin, You know it, I know it and a lot of people know what happened but you are just wasting your breath. There are those that can't stand the thought of JF winning so bad that they will come up with all kinds of crap to show how he didn't deserve it. It is really sad....

Like I posted in another thread, this is the time all the conspiracy theorists start the annual diving nationals.....:p

This is big business and multicar teams are here to stay.... Deal with it.

Man I get tired of hearing all the whineing about this stuff. These people should move to the Napa Valley where all the rest of the wine is.....

jim

How exactly is this giving John the round? He left on him and if John had even just skimmed into tire smoke it would have been a defeat:

2 Robert Hight 1 John Force
E3 0.091 4.813 313.44 ****WINNER**** 0.107 4.777 322.42

You people need to get a grip.
Ya see, that's how really slick they are. Hight tanks the race but makes it look like it was run all out. Appx .025 MOV. They're a foxy bunch!!

I don't see how anyone could even almost think Hight dove for John. THey were both in the chase so there was no need or advantage gained from it.

As for John's remarkable march up the standings. It has no meaning this year. We could be watching something even greater than Schumachers heroics last year, of course we were told we'd never see that again and needed a countdown:rolleyes:, After the next race they're going to give Force a couple hundred points anyway so what does it matter.

The only thing is that under the old system Capps probably wouldn't have gone into test mode the last few races. Hey wait a minute wasn't this brilliant countdown supposed to prevent racers from going into test mode. I guess we'll never know how this funny car season would have played out, thank you Tom Compton.

I guess you forgot about Tony schumacher last year?:rolleyes:

Joe,

Tony was between 8th and 5th last year when he started his march up. He was only like 400 points back or something.

John was in 20th. And 300 points out of the chase, and way more back from 1st place.

He's made up way more ground already than Tony did last year.

didn't read all the posts here, but let me tell you something,
the hight camp was very dejected yesterday after losing to the boss.
they wanted a win bad yesterday.........so did i.

Hight had the jump on the tree, and from what I remember on the incrementals, had quicker numbers to 60 and 330. Force was quicker to 660 by a couple thow.. both cars were 260.xx. John was 4.09 to Hights 4.10 at 1000'. I didn't get a chance to talk to Jimmy before I left, but I assume it dropped a cylinder down around 1000' and that was that. It was about 7-10 MPH down from what it had been running earlier in the weekend.

I can't believe how ANYBODY would even think this would have been a dive??? Are you F'N kidding me??? :rolleyes::rolleyes: There are some true idiots out there.

Hight needed a 4.793 to win, and it was on pace for something right around 4.78-4.79 if it had run clean to the lights. It could have gone ethier way even then.

You ain't seen the last of the AAA car, I would not be surprised to see something better then the 4.63 if the conditions are right come the end of the year!

What kind of a moron would think a team was diving in a FC with .025 at the stripe? When I was watching it last night, I didn't catch the throttle blips as Robert let John go around him, but maybe ESPN is part of the cover up. :rolleyes:

As far as comebacks are concerned, Schumacher's doesn't even come close to this, and I really don't see how the comparison can be made. Even without the Countdown crap, Force could probably still come back and win it all. No one has ever come close to having that kind of comeback.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back