2015 Schedule Released (1 Viewer)

chicago is late because labor day is as late as possible next year, which pushes denver thru brainerd all a week later
than usual....w/o chicago after norwalk there would have been 3 weeks off between norwalk and denver.

I noticed that, Labor Day is literally a week later next year. Does that mean us Northeastern folks get a longer summer? :D

I noticed a few subtle changes. They still racing at the same tracks, but more efficiently from a travel standpoint. Two of the groups of races are on consecutive weekends (E-Town-Epping-Bristol and Charlotte-St. Louis-Dallas). Using Google Map estimates, some examples :

2014 - Gainesville > Las Vegas > Charlotte > Houston (5450 miles)
2015 - Gainesville > Charlotte > Las Vegas > Houston (4120 miles)

2014 - Englishtown > Bristol > Epping > Chicago (2460 miles) then back to Norwalk (300 miles one way) and on to Denver.
2015 - Englishtown > Epping > Bristol > Norwalk (1610 miles) then west to Chicago and Denver.

2014 - Charlotte > Dallas > St. Louis > Reading > Las Vegas (4950 miles)
2015 - Charlotte > St. Louis > Reading > Dallas > Las Vegas (4230 miles)

A potential reduction of 2900-3500 miles of travel.

I had a bunch of free time at work today... ;)

I've always questioned why they run the Reading event so late in the year. Pennsylvania weather is very unpredictable in October.

I see there's no bikes at Epping this year. I wonder if they're adding Comp or Alcohol Cars?

chicago is late because labor day is as late as possible next year, which pushes denver thru brainerd all a week later
than usual....w/o chicago after norwalk there would have been 3 weeks off between norwalk and denver.
It also broke up the 4 race eastern swing, which had to be killer on the teams just before the western swing.

I've always questioned why they run the Reading event so late in the year. Pennsylvania weather is very unpredictable in October.
October is more predictable than September. I have been at the race each year since 1989 and I can count on 1 hand the number of times the race wasn't impacted by rain. They even held the race in August and one year it took until Tuesday or Wednesday to complete the race. October in Reading is a guarantee to be fast, last year they had record high temps on Friday and they still set the FC speed record.

Last edited:
October is more predictable than September. I have been at the race each year since 1989 and I can count on 1 hand the number of times the race wasn't impacted by rain. They even held the race in August and one year it took until Tuesday or Wednesday to complete the race. October in Reading is a guarantee to be fast, last year they had record high temps on Friday and they still set the FC speed record.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back