2015 NHRA Schedule? Guesses? (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
When do you expect the NHRA 2015 schedule will be announced?

I have an opportunity to influence the date for our family reunion next summer in Iowa and would like to choose a date the weekend before or after one of the NHRA National events in the Midwest or Denver (it's on the way) so we could tie in a race with the trip. Problem is, my crystal ball has gone missing.

Assuming that the schedule will not be announced before I need to recommend a date I've estimated the following NHRA 2015 dates based on this year's timing relative to Indy (weeks before/after):

Chicago Jul 3-5 1 week before Norwalk
Norwalk Jul 9-12 2 weeks before Denver
Denver Jul 24-26 1 week before Sonoma
Sonoma Jul 31-Aug 2 1 week before Seattle
Seattle Aug 7-9 2 weeks before Brainerd
Brainerd Aug 21-23 2 weeks before Indy

Indy Sep 3-7 Labor Day weekend
Charlotte 2 Sep 18-20 2 weeks after Indy
Dallas Sep 25-27 1 week after Charlotte 2
St. Louis Oct 2-4 1 week after Dallas

If any of the dates seem suspect or if you expect that any of those races will not be run in 2015 I'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
-Jeff

Last edited:
Depends on when you need to pick a date. I believe they announce the schedule at Indy.

I think Norwalk would request the 4th of July weekend, so Joliet and Norwalk might be swapped. Just a guess

I think Norwalk would request the 4th of July weekend, so Joliet and Norwalk might be swapped. Just a guess

Thanks, Vicki; that's the type of comments I'm hoping to get! When I noticed that Norwalk is over the 4th this year I wondered whether it traditionally has an Independence Day tie-in but haven't followed that race. At first I speculated that they might be moved a week earlier... didn't even think about them possibly being swapped.

I think your dates for the western swing could be off. The Denver race will probably fall July 17-19th. Only once can I remember it being the last weekend in July. That would move both Sonoma and Seattle up a week as well.

Denver Jul 24-26 1 week before Sonoma
Sonoma Jul 31-Aug 2 1 week before Seattle
Seattle Aug 7-9 2 weeks before Brainerd
Brainerd Aug 21-23 2 weeks before Indy

Indy Sep 3-7 Labor Day weekend
Charlotte 2 Sep 18-20 2 weeks after Indy

jeff, i think your reasoning for these 6 races is rite on......use indy(labor day) as a given, then move backwards in 2 week intervals
just as you have to find brainerd and seattle, then consecutive weeks for w. swing....makes perfect sense to me......but,
labor day is as late as it possibly can be next summer (sep. 7th), so there mite be a shift in races leading to indy?
using indy as a base it actually puts everything in july and august a week later than usual.....maybe we'll find 3 weeks between
brainerd and indy?

Where in Iowa, Jeff?

Can't go wrong with Topeka being the end of May. :)

July and Aug are the suck months in Iowa...typically.

Where in Iowa, Jeff?
Can't go wrong with Topeka being the end of May. :)
July and Aug are the suck months in Iowa...typically.

The Reunion is usually in Ft. Madison (SE Iowa).

Haven't been to the Topeka race so that would be great. Memorial Day will be May 25 next year... care to speculate on the Topeka race dates?

I hear you on the July/August Midwest weather. My wife and I are both from the Midwest and most of our families live there. We'd love to live closer (we're in OR) but before we got married we agreed that we wouldn't move back unless we're willing to do it in July or August. :)

The Reunion is usually in Ft. Madison (SE Iowa).

Haven't been to the Topeka race so that would be great. Memorial Day will be May 25 next year... care to speculate on the Topeka race dates?

I hear you on the July/August Midwest weather. My wife and I are both from the Midwest and most of our families live there. We'd love to live closer (we're in OR) but before we got married we agreed that we wouldn't move back unless we're willing to do it in July or August. :)

Topeka on Memorial Day Weekend is not a good idea IMO. there needs to be a week off in between Topeka and E-Town.

Thanks for all who provided inputs. We recommended September 12 or 13, to key off of Indy, which is the only race that seems to be "a sure thing" re: timing.

Even though we have some influence re: timing for the reunion next year I anticipate that a date that late won't work for a number of families and if that's the case, hopefully one of the alternate dates will align with another race.

Jeff, just wondering if you guessed right on the 2015 schedule so you can kill those two birds with one family reunion road trip?

When do you expect the NHRA 2015 schedule will be announced?-Jeff

Here ya go Jeff:

2015 NHRA MELLO YELLO DRAG RACING SERIES SCHEDULE
NHRA Mello Yello Series Regular Season

Feb. 5-8NHRA WinternationalsPomona
Feb. 20-22CARQUEST Auto Parts NHRA NationalsPhoenix
March 12-15Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals (PSM)Gainesville
March 27-29NHRA Four-Wide Nationals (PSM)Charlotte
April 10-12SummitRacing.com NHRA NationalsLas Vegas
April 24-26O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA SpringNationalsHouston
May 15-17Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals (PSM)Atlanta
May 22-24NHRA Kansas NationalsTopeka
June 4-7Toyota NHRA Summernationals (PSM)Englishtown
June 12-14Auto-Plus NHRA New England NationalsEpping
June 19-21NHRA Thunder Valley NationalsBristol
July 2-5Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals (PSM)Norwalk
July 9-12O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals (PSM)Chicago
July 24-26Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals (PSM)Denver
July 31-Aug. 2NHRA Sonoma Nationals (PSM)Sonoma
Aug. 7-9O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Northwest NationalsSeattle
Aug. 20-23Lucas Oil NHRA NationalsBrainerd
Sept. 2-7Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals (PSM)Indianapolis
NHRA Mello Yello Countdown to the Championship
Sept. 18-20NHRA Carolina Nationals (PSM)Charlotte
Sept. 25-27AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals (PSM)St. Louis
Oct. 1-4NHRA Nationals (PSM)Reading
Oct. 15-18AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals (PSM)Dallas
Oct. 29-Nov. 1NHRA Toyota Nationals (PSM)Las Vegas
Nov. 12-15Auto Club NHRA Finals (PSM)Pomona

Thanks, guys. I had seen the schedule before Indy and, for the most part, the collective wisdom of the Mater community predicted correct timing for races in the period of interest.

We don't yet know whether we'll be able to combine the family reunion and a race because the venue where the family is planning to have the reunion doesn't accept 2015 reservations until after the first of the year. My fingers will be crossed!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back