2009 War Stories Showdown Underway (1 Viewer)

Bobby,

I always look forward to this time of year for the War Stories contest. Great concept! Thank you for putting it together!

these are great, although part of a great story is how its told. Maybe next year add a video section of them telling the stories as well.

The Bonin and the Fred Miller stories were great , why did they have to face each other I would like to see both of them go to the next round .

I loved Billy's story. I had a cousin that went to school with him and Rusty down in Whiteland. My uncle used to tell stories about Bob's demeanor when he went to the ball games so I don't have any doubt that Billy didn't embellish the story at all.

Sean D

This is the best war stories yet , nobody is trying to be pc and everyone is just telling it like it was , no punches pulled . Awesome .

Billy Meyer's story was great... I can just hear Tharp say he was not guilty. I love hearing the stories from the past that few have heard but who hasnt heard about Densham and Force in Australia? anyone Bueller anyone?

SECOND ROUND PAIRINGS
#1 Billy Glidden (83.22) vs #9 Bill Doner (59.38) – Jan. 4, 5
#13 Steve Earwood (75.49) vs #5 Rickie Smith (63.77) – Jan. 4, 5
#10 Gordie Bonin (81.53) vs. #2 Louis Force (65.28) – Jan. 6, 7
#3 Pat Musi (61.68) vs. #6 Gary Densham (61.38) – Jan. 6,7

Can someone offer an explanation as to why Meyer is covering the "N" on the NHRA logo and why the other guy is covering the signature on the check in the picture? Was this taken about the time Billy changed the Motorplex to IHRA?

Billy had just purchased the IHRA and was planning to go head to head with the NHRA, when his attempt to merge the two failed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back