1000'ft Protest in Denver!!!! (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
Ok I along with 15 other Maters have really thought this through, and a protest against NHRA is in order! I've been in contact with the Mgr. of the Hooters in Lakewood as well as a couple of the local Gentlemen's clubs. We're thinkin of getting these gals in Bikini's on C-470 holding a banner that reads "We'd rather go naked than race 1000'" We're in negotiations with Denver PD over any possible traffic tie-ups that might occur!

Time is running short and volunteer's will be greatly compensated, I MEAN Appreciated! We tried to arrange to have a Keg but that got scraped!

Last edited:
We're thinkin of getting these gals in Bikini's on C-470 holding a banner that reads "We'd rather go naked than race 1000'"

So let me get this straight...the Hooter's girls would be saying that if NHRA races to 1,000 feet, they would rather be naked.

So that would make these the two options:

A - Race to 1,320 and have Hooters girls in bikinis

B - Race to 1,000 and have naked Hooters girls

Just what kind of protest is that? Wouldn't that build support for 1,000 foot racing?

Jim

joe,
if you attended a drag race and the spectator sitting next to you was
injured by flying debris from an exploding car; then one year later
at another drag race you sit in a different location and a spectator 2 rows
behind you suffers a similar injury or worse fatality.........
do you keep attending drag races hoping you will be lucky and nothing
will happen to YOU, or do you and others start to think that spectator
safety might be in jeopardy and changes are in order for the spectators?

put the shoe on the other foot.:eek:

you accept the risk once you enter in the gate. You hope nothing happens but if it does. You knew going in there was a chance you could be injured.

Knock yourself out Joe. I've stated my take on the situation and will remain supportive of 1,000 until the Jim's, John's, Connie's, and Del's are in agreement to run 1,320. My vote is for 1,320 but not until sensible changes are implemented. Be sure to read Alan's comment under the subject "A very good read" on 07/03/2008 6:30pm.

After hearing a TF driver say he would like to see running to 1000' it opened my eyes to the drivers concerns. I agree I would love to see racing to 1320' racing, but would rather see safe racing. (If it can be done to 1320' I am all for it, but if the drivers and owners would rather go to 1000' I am going to support them).

As a driver myself I can sympathize with those concerned with the safety aspect. The one thing I have over them is I don't have a sponsor I have to please. That means if I don't like the conditions I can shut the car off and not make a run without any repercussions. Anyway, just a few of my thoughts regarding this whole issue.

Paul "M" Miller

Now I just need to copy and post this on the ten other posts about the 1000' issue.:p

So let me get this straight...the Hooter's girls would be saying that if NHRA races to 1,000 feet, they would rather be naked.

Just what kind of protest is that? Wouldn't that build support for 1,000 foot racing?

Jim

And he started this thread with "We really thought this out" :rolleyes: :eek:

Jim
LOL! I'm gonna have to acquire a pit bike or golf cart so I can keep track of (and of course report on) the success of this protest. :eek:

Joe, this is in the interest of safety until the NHRA can get their arms around the situation. I know you are a person who loves the sport, so I am shocked why would not look at the situation from the view of what is the best for the sport short term. All the drivers are behind this!! I was never a fan of slowing the cars down, but after what I witnessed in E-Town I am all for slowing the cars down. I don't want anyone else to witness what I did a few weeks ago, because I still can not get the thoughts of Scott out of my head.

Off topic, I have to add a signature.....

Paul"C"Miller

See that's exactly what we need hot naked women...what were we protesting again and yes I would like you to pour me another beer Miss:D
S/F
D

What part of "TEMPORARY" isn't clear?

When your butt is in a TF'er or FC, THEN you get a vote!!

As long as you bring the Girls in the gates, i'm thinking maybe Friday at about 3pm, when I'm really DIRTY and COVERED I RUBBER, (lookin my best, before the 1st pro session....).. and line them up against the fence on the parking lot side of the track, I'm all for seeing this protest...:D

MAKE SURE THE CAMERA IS FLYING JOE!!!! EYE CANDY VIDEO WOULD KICK ASS TO THIS ONE>....."WERE NOT GONNA TAKE IT....!"

Although, The 1000' option is more of a bandaid fix to the problem of these cars going ....

1) Way to Fast...
2) Not having the technology or money invested in making them go.... WOOOOHHHH!!!! (this is what you say to a horse when you want it to STOP..):rolleyes:

it is a good TEMPORARY Fix.... for the mile high's, to be the race where it's brought out.... Well, kinda sucks for me, but then again, We will be a part of HISTORY!!! We will see the 1st official 1000' National Records being set!!!

Still looking forward to this race!

....(AND TO THINK.... the Bandimere's Spent all that money to put 1350' of Concrete!!!) ;)

I really think for those that ........THINK:confused: (a oxyMORON) if I ever heard one, that this is a brilliant, tasteful idea.........

you need to hold this protest right inside the fuel pits, hey, why not be TRUE brain surgeons, and hold it right over at the Kalitta pit................

Just when I truly believe no one can have less class, or be dumber than they seem, once again I find myself astonished.:eek:

I said I was gonna' be nicer, but,

This has pure, unadulterated, low brow, DUMBASS written all over it.

If only I were with you Einstein's, I could be sitting there wearing a T-Shirt, saying "I'm with stupid":cool:

God help us all.........

REX

Jim

B. ~ Because I really hate wearing bikinis. :eek: ;)

I really think for those that ........THINK:confused: (a oxyMORON) if I ever heard one, that this is a brilliant, tasteful idea.........

you need to hold this protest right inside the fuel pits, hey, why not be TRUE brain surgeons, and hold it right over at the Kalitta pit................

Just when I truly believe no one can have less class, or be dumber than they seem, once again I find myself astonished.:eek:

I said I was gonna' be nicer, but,

This has pure, unadulterated, low brow, DUMBASS written all over it.

If only I were with you Einstein's, I could be sitting there wearing a T-Shirt, saying "I'm with stupid":cool:

God help us all.........

REX
Uh dude, this isn't serious;)

S/F
D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back