10,000 Fans at Spokane Divisional (1 Viewer)

It was a blast, with a really good crowd. In between rounds, we went up to watch, and the stands were amazingly full. Best crowd I've seen at a divisional in D6, by far.

Jay, Bucky, and crew literally pulled off a miracle in the last 90 days. They took a really neglected place and turned it into a great place to race. Sure, there's work to do, but from a racer's perspective we'd be back there in a heartbeat.

I LOL'd

Top Alcohol dragsters, Funny Cars and Comp Eliminator were just some of the professional classes featured during Sunday’s elimination rounds, but each participant got an opportunity to race for the coveted Wally – the NHRA champion’s trophy with the likeness of the organization’s founder, Wally Parks.

apparently... Spokane's casting its own trophies. :)

It was a blast, with a really good crowd. In between rounds, we went up to watch, and the stands were amazingly full. Best crowd I've seen at a divisional in D6, by far.

Jay, Bucky, and crew literally pulled off a miracle in the last 90 days. They took a really neglected place and turned it into a great place to race. Sure, there's work to do, but from a racer's perspective we'd be back there in a heartbeat.

A-men. And the real race cars will be there over the 4th of July and I hope there's more global warming so it's not over 85F. Probably too much to hope for, huh?

..hey William, what do you mean by 'real race cars', I'm thinking you mean nostalgia nitro's but I don't see any :confused:

Greta track; great people; and great time!

Thanks to J.J., Jay, and Jason!

:D:D:D

I had always said that IF Divisional races got some quality advertising the crowds would show. But only seeing 4 Alky cars won't bring many of them back!

yeah, that was my mistake Joe. As it turned out there was a test and tune on friday and only a few alcohol cars ran but it was posted on drag central so I thought that was the first round of qualifying. I'm use to qualifying starting on Friday and was unaware they actually started qualifying on Saturday at Spokane. I'm glad it was a success and wish I could have been there.

Re: More LOL's Jack Jones and NHRA settle out of court

Yup.. Just checked Dr. Post's book before you treed me...:)

Here's the kicker. Although Jones modeled for the trophy. And was given credit for it. and I myself read the article in Dragster saying as much many years ago. Glendora sent a letter of request asking Jones to give up all licensing rights to his likeness on the trophy. Jones went to a lawyer. They settled out of court.

Drag Racing Online - "Martin Chronicles" - Vol. III No. 3

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back