1/8 Mile Drag Racing at Texas Motor Speedway ! (1 Viewer)

Larry

Nitro Member
Yep Smith's Super Oval is setting up Drag Racing in the Pit area with four classes .
They will also have a Car Show and let participants do the Big Oval for some laps !

Texas Motor Speedway aims for fast and furious crowd with new drag racing program - Fort Worth Business Press

Crazy me has already called out another Corvette for July 3 rd guaranteed a second faster than me but hey who knows right now I have the road tires on it but I might get some more Grand Sport backspaced Draglites and get the big Drag Radials back on in time !

Bet those Nascar guys don't even know how to prep a track ! LOL

It's all fun and besides I want Pic's of the " Great White " Nascar Style !
That place is really awesome if you live in the Area it's only seven bucks to spectate.

And if you come say Hi as I will likely be the only Artic White Corvette with American Torque Thrust two's that sets off car alarms when it pulls into a parking lot.
The other Corvette is a five hundred HP nice Custom C 5 .

Just an update , we found out that there will be no timing , a bummer for using the time for tuning .
Arm drop starts with cameras at the drop and the traps at the end.

Well true to my word I went to the race and had a blast . The folks were really good to the Drag Racers and Show & Shine people and put on a first class program.

All I can say is the fast car market is a lot bigger than I thought.
Going to this race I got acquainted with the likes of 500 HP Shelby Cobra Mustang Super Snakes [ 3 of them ] and Three brand new Camaros , two SS and one RS LS7 .

I thought I was looking at a Cadillac STS that got a jump on my lame azz in testing but it turned out to be a Subaru STI with 400 HP !
I was lucky I wasn't racing the tuners ! LOL
Jesus , they must be putting Hemis in skateboards these days.

I went to second round and got bit by one of the Super Snakes whose only mod was a chip and Drag Radials.
I thought so little of racing at a Nascar track I did not put on the Drag Radials , mistake !

The factories are turning out some awesome cars these days.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back