Zizzo, Youngblood Honor Wally Parks at World Finals (1 Viewer)

Pomona, Calif. – For the entirety of the 2011 NHRA Full Throttle Series season, Chicago native and Top Fuel pilot TJ Zizzo has partnered with legendary drag racing artist Kenny Youngblood to celebrate the latter’s 45th year in the sport. For this weekend’s Auto Club NHRA World Finals, the pair are honoring the man whose vision 60 years ago became a national phenomenon and the fastest sport in the world: Wally Parks.

“It’s the most fitting tribute we could come up with,” said Zizzo, a second-generation driver who races for his father, Tony. “It’s the epitome of both Kenny’s talent and the man who made it all possible.”

“It’s been an incredible and fun year for me working with the Zizzos,” Youngblood said. “They are a hardcore group of racers and the family I never had.”

Zizzo is looking for another strong outing this weekend in California. Once again, temperatures and weather conditions are expected to make the track fast for the field of 27 rails. “Pomona has been good to us,” Zizzo said, while helping the crew prepare the car for the first round of nitro qualifying scheduled for Thursday at 1 p.m. local time. “It’s going to be tough with such a big field, but I’m confident in my team and in my car. We’re looking forward to a big weekend.”

Attachments

• wally_parks_portrait.jpg
    wally_parks_portrait.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 4
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back