X Games Skater Falls 50 Ft. (1 Viewer)

that was insane

any word on injuries, boy is lucky

I have been searching for any updates, but all they are saying is that he was at an undisclosed hospital for observation. he doesn't remember his run, and was happy to hear that he did the 720!

Suzie, my wife and I were flipping back and forth between that and Shark Week on Discovery and when I changed back to ESPN he was in mid air and then just splattered. I thought he was really really hurt especially when he wasnt moving last night for a little while. Its incredible if he doesnt have any problems after that.

That is crazy. I am glad he walk away. Maybe he needs to have a C T scan on his head.I think he is Nuts.

i was watchin that last night too....i just remember thinking "oh my God this kid is dead!" then he walked away....what a guy!!

I have been searching for any updates, but all they are saying is that he was at an undisclosed hospital for observation. he doesn't remember his run, and was happy to hear that he did the 720!

That is amazing. It looks like he really went out away from the wall. Did they say (or could you tell) what sent him so far out? I've seen them screw up and sort of slide down but that was crazy!!

That is amazing. It looks like he really went out away from the wall. Did they say (or could you tell) what sent him so far out? I've seen them screw up and sort of slide down but that was crazy!!

he had built up too much momentum from the 720 and his board got squirrely on him.

That was A LOT of vert to fall past before the transition started..:eek:.. and then to come in feet-first, literally, was just.... wow... He is totally lucky to be doing ANYTHING right now...

Last edited:
We were watching it too, and thought for sure he was dead. What a scary deal. Thank goodness he's okay. 5 stories. He fell 5 freakin' stories, and walked away. Kinda put a bit of a damper on the rest of the show.

We were watching it too, and thought for sure he was dead. What a scary deal. Thank goodness he's okay. 5 stories. He fell 5 freakin' stories, and walked away. Kinda put a bit of a damper on the rest of the show.
Yea but knowing he's going to be OK was a big help.

I just cringe when they show the replay..his shoes just explode off his feet..protective gear is just flying..like tossing a blower. :eek:

I'll joke when I know he's good to go..they said he was joking 10 min after..not that he remembers that now.

As one of the Grand fathers of the X Games it shook me to the core. I really thought that we lost him the way he hit.

Scarry to see him figuring out how he was going to slam as he was falling. (Be there done that and it is not fun).

Glad to see him get up, But I bet he is sore today.

Have Fun,
Fred Blood
Vintage Drag Club

I was watching that live too. It really scared me. Then, seeing him move was just amazing. I didn't think there was any way he could walk away on his own from that.
And, as David said, Scott Murray's almost double backflip. That was cool. I wish he could have come back. It would have been insane for a "nobody" to win gold in that event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back