WTF, There's no KALITTA won thread? (1 Viewer)

How was he robbed, if Doug gone just one more round he would have won the championship.

Exactly!

3 Doug Kalitta 507 Melanie Troxel
E3 0.058 4.500 330.23 ****WINNER**** 0.026 4.502 330.07

3:05 p.m. Weather conditions: air temperature 73 degrees, relative humidity 34 percent, barometer 29.16 inches, adjusted altitude 2,024 feet, track temperature 94 degrees.
We are down to the final four and all Kalitta has to do to win the 2006 TF Championship is win this round. Troxel has lane choice and has been running almost as well as Kalitta.

Troxel gets a great .026 RT and powers through the first 330 feet to open up a bigger lead. The Red Car matches her performance from there, but can't catch and pass her.

Or you could use any other race the entire season, or any time Tony out qualified Doug. They both had the same opportunities all season to make points and that's just how it played out.

How was he robbed, if Doug gone just one more round he would have won the championship.
I don't remember exactly what happened but Tony was given the sign to shut off on one pass because of a leak but the crew signaled him in anyway. Rick Stewart lost control of the starting line. If he hadn't made that pass he wouldn't have had the points.

I don't remember exactly what happened but Tony was given the sign to shut off on one pass because of a leak but the crew signaled him in anyway. Rick Stewart lost control of the starting line. If he hadn't made that pass he wouldn't have had the points.

Tony went into instant tire smoke on that pass. Shutoff or not he didn't make it down the track. Should they have had a points penalty for making the run in addition to the monetary fine? That's a subjective opinion and NHRA's opinion was no.

Tony went into instant tire smoke on that pass. Shutoff or not he didn't make it down the track. Should they have had a points penalty for making the run in addition to the monetary fine? That's a subjective opinion and NHRA's opinion was no.
Told you I couldn't remember for sure what happened. I just know a lot of people were upset as hell when Rick Stewart didn't enforce the starting line and then when NHRA didn't dock them any points afterward.

Told you I couldn't remember for sure what happened. I just know a lot of people were upset as hell when Rick Stewart didn't enforce the starting line and then when NHRA didn't dock them any points afterward.

Agreed. I'd also venture to guess if Buster was still on the starting line he would have sat on that dragster if he had to. Not that anyone would disobey Busters command.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back