Worlds Fastest Bracket Car (1 Viewer)

Big John

Nitro Member
Eddie Careccia qualified with a strong 5.85 and 236 MPH for top dragster. This was the first 5 sec run ever in IHRA for a Top Dragster. They weigh the car and checked the fuel to make sure. It was a legal run.
In the first round he dialed in a 5.86 and ran 5.87 with a .008 R/T. One hell of a package. Round 2 he dialed a 5.85 and broke out with 5.84. I don’t know if this is the fastest bracket car but I have never seen anyone faster. Hats off to fast Eddie and Brother Charlie in there J.Ed Horton race car.

That is absolutely awesome.
I was also impressed with the 6.30 top sportsman cars this season.
Just more reasons that IHRA ROCKS!

At Milan, Troy Stone ran a 5.950 at 229.24 in the second Top Dragster time trial session (after the postponement) with a 0.002 light, then went red in the first round and ran a 6.002 at 220.91 against a 5.85 dial-in. He was running huge speeds all along, but had a lot of trouble getting the car to launch cleanly.

His two qualifying runs gave a clue what the car was capable of, with tire shake and one or two pedal jobs - 6.269 at 223.32 and 6.740 at 222.80, and his first time trial was a 6.007 at 230.41.

Last edited:
I bet Folk thought he had a duck and an easy round win getting paired up with him first round !!:D

That's an impressive 3 runs to be within .02 with that type of car.

Yes I think some other cars have run the fives but none have backed it up. He made 3 runs in a row at 5.8s and 236 mph.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back