World Series Commercial (1 Viewer)

EDB , I noticed on DRO you guys have a match race the same day as the series.. This kinda sucks everyone i go to see at the Series is going somewhere else this year... Good Luck

Shane

I am sure it will still be a great show.. Scott and the staff do a awsome job..
I am just gonna miss all the between round bench racing with my buddies...lol

We can't get the parts here and installed in time to drive to Norwalk. So we will be at the series. I don't know if we can make the Fri night session or not.

I will be arriving sometime on Fri afternoon. Stop by and say "Hi" guys.

Rapid

I made the decision to not support the DRO funny car Series. As long as Jeff Burk's name is on the AA/FC series and he continues to make and change rules. I wont be atteneding any of those event... I dont want to burn any bridges so thats about all I can really say

Randy , Have fun be safe and rip off some incredible et's... Sorry I am going to miss it...

What a weekend! I'm pretty sure that I've never seen so many wrecked race cars at one drag race in my life!

Danny Crownhart cut across the track, ripping Jim's chutes off. Danny hit the wall hard and Jim ran off the end of the track. Jim was going so fast that he jumped completely over the sand trap.

We blew up our motor BIG! Bad deal. We've been fight this thing all year. Dale finally figured out that his 12 year old MSD 44 mag was junk, only putting out about 34A. So, Dale fattened it back up to counter the 10A increase in spark. It wasn't enough. At about 1000' the center four pistons melted, over pressurizing the crankcase, and blowing the valley pan off the engine. Being at night didn't help anything, but it was for sure the biggest flash fire I have witnessed. It was on the same lines as Brendan Murry's Columbus 2007 fire. Roger was ok, luckly with only small 2nd degree burns under the corners of his eyes.

If anyone was pictures and video of our run, Roger very much wants to see them. Thanks

Justin,

Have Radar or Dale call Roger Stanke in MN. Sherry got video of the deal as she was right beside me watching it happen. I was so glad to hear he got out of the car on his own and was OK!!!! It was a LARGE boomer!

Laura and I went back to the pits to check on him, and saw him working on the car with you guys so I didn't bother him.

Rapid

Thanks Randy, I forgot she was taping. This has the first real fire since I started with them at the beginning of '07. It scared that sh!t out of me, and Suzanne was there also. I was fearing the worst and was very relieved when we got to the big end and saw him standing beside the wall, ok. Rog is stubborn. He finally went to the hospital to get checked out. They left the track probably around 10 and headed to East Moline. They didn't get left there until 4:30 this morning because of all the people in crashes from the track got sent there. I talked to Suzanne a few hours ago and she said that Roger got up about 11 this morning and headed back out to the shop to work.

Last edited:
Danny Crownhart cut across the track, ripping Jim's chutes off. Danny hit the wall hard and Jim ran off the end of the track. Jim was going so fast that he jumped completely over the sand trap

Dan just called me and everyone is fine. His car is junk and Jims car is hurt pretty good I guess.. I asked Dan so what are ya going to do now? He said well Shane we pick the "New"Car up later this week I guess we will see what next year brings.. This is the second year in a row that his season ended with a destroyed race car.Sucks too cause Dan is one of the good guys...

Justin PM Eric Boyungs (my Brother) on here he videoe's for cordova.. Not sure what he got though...

That was an incredible boomer for sure! Glad to hear Roger is OK. My dad and I were sitting in our usual spot (spectator side, 2nd set of stands, top west corner about 150 feet from the starting line) and it was a one hell of a percussion even from there.

I've been going to the World Series since I was 2 months old and I don't recall ever seeing so many cars wrecked on a Saturday night. The number of close-calls was nuts too.

Anybody hear how the driver of the Mustang came out? Sounded like it took a while just to get him out of the car.

Danny Crownheart is pretty lucky to have walked away. Looking at what was left of that car it's hard to believe he wasn't seriously injured.

It was a fun race for sure. As Brent said, I would like to know if the driver of that red mustang is ok. We never heard. I don't remember a race with so many scary moments.. The Firebird, The nostalgia TF(Justin?), 2 Jets on the same run, Then the mustang. I hope everyone is ok.

Got a chance to say hi to Doc too. He and Jerry had the Telstar flying in rd1, 6.00, I think it was. Good job guys.

I just might have to make this an annual event. Hopefully meet a few of you guys next time.

I read on another forum that the driver of the Mustang, Tom Turri, is OK. He posted he'll be fine but definitely need a new car. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back