Woodburn Regional a Hot Time for Ahten (1 Viewer)

Johnny Ahten - NHRA Woodburn LODRS Wrap-up

Woodburn Regional a Hot Time for Ahten

Woodburn, Ore. – Triple digit temperatures and high top end speeds are what Johnny Ahten will remember most about the Regional race at Woodburn Dragstrip last weekend. The mercury rose to over one hundred degrees making it uncomfortable and draining. The one interlude was the breeze from a two hundred and seventy mile per hour pass.

“Saturday’s second round of qualifying blast of 270.83 miles per hour is the fastest we have been in this car,” said Ahten. “The 5.415 elapsed time that went with it on a 140° track put us in the number two slot. It felt great because it was very difficult to get down the track. We slowed a bit in our third qualifying attempt, but the 269.38 speed showed consistency. Prior to this race we only had eight runs on this car. The two test runs and Friday resulted in tire smoke. We are starting to feel more comfortable with the way we make changes,” added Ahten.

In Sunday’s first round of eliminations Johnny faced number seven qualifier Todd Swinford. Johnny got off the line first and picked up the win with a 5.544 pass at 262.31 miles per hour. Next up it was a semi-final match up with Shawn Cowie. The Island Renovations/Combust Filters dragster left first, but hot track claimed its toll and Cowie got the win.

“I feel great about our weekend because we learned some things and I got some quality seat time,” said Ahten. “It also put us in the number five spot in points. It was also great having my son Owen with us on this trip. He never complained about the heat. I also have to give a shout-out to my crew for battling the conditions. My crew chief, Al Ahten, team partner Howard Katano, Bob Ahten, Kevin Colvell, and Chuck Costabile all stepped up and made it happen.“

The next outing for Ahten Racing will be at the 28th annual NHRA Northwest Nationals on Aug. 7-9 at Pacific Raceways in Seattle. Johnny and the Stump Puller are planning on bringing the heat from Woodburn - top end heat that is. Stay informed at: http://www.facebook.com/JohnnyAhtenRacing

Island Renovations understands the complexity of Hawaii's homes and their customers’ needs. Whether you are looking to build, remodel, or replace your existing windows and doors, Island Renovations is there to provide outstanding service and products to give your home added value with the satisfaction and peace of mind from a company that puts their customers first. Visit us: www.islandrenovations.net

The Combust Filters Oil By-Pass Filtration System provides 3 Micron filtration, 100% Water Removal, Soot Removal, Extended Engine Life, Pollution Prevention, and Reduced Oil Consumption. By keeping the oil free of moisture contamination and particulates larger than 3 microns, your engine oil will have reduced Oxidation, Nitration, while maintaining required oil viscosity and TBN for proper lubrication. Our system incorporates only the best technology and quality construction for ease of use and installation. Features include an easy to read pressure gauge, 2 sizes of spin-on filters (7” and 12”), a push button oil sample valve, and a custom flow fitting to ensure a continuous proper flow. No internal moving parts to wear out! Visit us at: www.combustfilters.com

Release courtesy of John Rogers

Photo courtesy of Costabile Productions

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back