Why was/is the Tony Schumacher thread locked? (1 Viewer)

Someone made a political comment, which others started expanding on. Mods probably nipped that one in the bud before it spiraled out of control (which often happens once that can of worms is opened).

Yeah, I just had a PM stating as much. But like I told him, I didn't think it was anything really bad. It's not like they were getting out of control with it.

I am interested in expanding on Tony's response to my question. Get in here, T! Lol

Sean D

It wasn't out of control yet. Unfortunately, there aren't many people who can maintain a civil discourse once it's brought up. People can even agree with each other and still be at each others' throats once those threads reach a breaking point. Better to simply put a stop to it early than risk total thread destruction.

always better to "nip it in the bud" before it becomes a free for all, which can happen in an instant.

Well, I guess folks have different levels of sensitivity when it comes to things, but it would be nice if the Mods would (maybe they can't, I don't know...…) just eliminate the comments in question rather than kill the entire discussion, forcing another thread.

Sean D

I didn't mean to get it shut down. Just stated my observation and I'm not a supporter of him or his politics.

Like I stated, different strokes for different folks. When I see stuff that I don't like, I just go over it and keep on with the stuff I'm interested in.

Jump in my other thread, if you would. I would be interested in what you know, as well as any opinions you would have.

Sean D

In this always ready to go over the edge political climate today, civility is very hard to maintain for a lot of people no matter what side of the fence your standing on. Best to keep politics in political forums. Just my humble opinion

i really like pat dakin. his dragster has 4 tires, an engine, a big wing in back, and TRUMP decals on the sides.
1576871200590.png

Seriously guys, keep making this political and this thread will be locked as well. As mentioned many times, there is a Political section of this forum if you desire to discuss politics. I believe that we are all adults here, so let’s keep the drag racing forums about drag racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back