Who's Online (1 Viewer)

r2

Nitro Member
I have been trying to find the members list since the change, and clicked on, Who's Online... :eek:

I have seen this feature before, but never have I seen the listings the way they are... :confused:
Guest- Duh
Yahoo! Slurp Spider??
Askjeeves Spider??
MSNBot Spot??

Anyone know what info is being gathered from this strange looking forum?? :eek:

And if someone could direct me to the mens room... :D
I mean members list please...

Ray,

I cant find the members list either.

The spiders are basically search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc) scanning those pages to help them return good search results. If they didn’t “crawl” the web, the search engines wouldn’t know what is on this or any other site.

The men’s room must be closed for repairs!! Hopefully Shannon will get the plunger out and have the member list up and running again soon.:D

Brian.:)

Cool, thanks Brian... :D
They come up with the darndest names for things on this www. deal... :eek:

World Wide Walkie-talkie is what it really is... :p

Goodnight all...

It's the one my name's always at the top of whenever I'm online. I always knew I was special! About time the rest of the world started figuring it out. :D

I have been trying to find the members list since the change, and clicked on, Who's Online... :eek:

I have seen this feature before, but never have I seen the listings the way they are... :confused:
Guest- Duh
Yahoo! Slurp Spider??
Askjeeves Spider??
MSNBot Spot??

Anyone know what info is being gathered from this strange looking forum?? :eek:

And if someone could direct me to the mens room... :D
I mean members list please...

Hello Ray,

The members list is located in the sitemap of the site.

http://www.nitromater.com/info.php?do=sitemap

I also added the link to the control panel drop down menu.

Spiders:

This process is called Web crawling or spidering. Many sites, in particular search engines, use spidering as a means of providing up-to-date data. Web crawlers are mainly used to create a copy of all the visited pages for later processing by a search engine that will index the downloaded pages to provide fast searches.

A Web crawler is one type of bot, or software agent. In general, it starts with a list of URLs to visit, called the seeds. As the crawler visits these URLs, it identifies all the hyperlinks in the page and adds them to the list of URLs to visit, called the crawl frontier. URLs from the frontier are recursively visited according to a set of policies.

Hope this helps,

Shannon

They're just making sure your visits here coincide with what that chip in your butt tells them you're doing. :)

Ron you need to reinstall that work chip in your ah hum and get head down and azz up.
Me I'm headed to New Mexico to the High Desert to dry out and see some mountains and blue skies for a change.
I was up your way last week and the willow bugs were so thick at night you couldn't see squat.
Drought = bugs
monsoon=blood sucking bugs
Go Figure!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back