Who needs the 10 pounds now??? (1 Viewer)

Anyone else notice Chris Rivas' performance on an Evan Knoll ride? Ran 6.9's in qualifying and won a round in eliminations. Looks like he just didn't have the right tune-up in the second round and lost to Angelle on performance (or lost 0.01 to the 10 lb addition).

As GB3 said on dragbike.com, the 10 lb addition is a recognition of performance. They are now running at 625 lbs. like in the early '90s. Like true competitors, Bryce and Smith will find the extra power to win. It only takes innovation i.e. making the best use of your resources.

Eric

The S&S and the Harley are more similar than not. The contention in another thread that the S&S is based on "old" Harley technology could not be any more wrong. Both engines are cutting edge, state of the art, modern V-Twin drag race engines, with years of development. The brain trusts behind both are second to none in drag racing.

For the record, when Suzuki initially went drag racing (post Vic Force), the initial development happened in Gardena Ca. (RC Engineering), and was headed by Byron Hines. When Yamaha went drag racing, same story. If Suzuki drag raced a V-Twin, it would more than likely not be very different from what's out there now. Byron Hines and George Bryce are incredible drag race minds. A strong testimonial to the brilliance of both is their willingness to get help with the development of these engines and the subsequent results. Todays Road Star program has as much to do with Nigel Patrick as anyone. Muzzy and Kawasaki Drag Racing are synonymous. Pro Stock Motorcycle Drag Racing was and is developed in the States. Know the heritage, names like Bruso, Pogue, Dean (Denco), Carpenter, Mason, Farr, Tipton, Collins etc.

When the Harley's had a developmental head start and were finally running well and the S&S's were searching for "it", equal rules for both were fine. History reflects that in 2004 when the Harley's got a 40 lb.weight adjustment, the S&S's had to shoulder it also, long before they were ready or, able to. Why the difference now?

The basis of the TL as a twin is very different and legislation would surely limit it's potential. As it is, NHRA has said no. The Road Star should/would fit, but again NHRA said no.

As stated on another thread, this past weekend's Harley success was probably helped by 40 runs of testing, but insured by an ill-conceived, poorly executed rules decision.

Well said, very well! :)

I had 2 weeks to get Chris's bike ready... I think it ran very well for Evan and I...It is in the paint shop now and will have a new look for e-town.. For the record Chris's bike broke a piston ring in the 2nd round....

I had 2 weeks to get Chris's bike ready... I think it ran very well for Evan and I...It is in the paint shop now and will have a new look for e-town.. For the record Chris's bike broke a piston ring in the 2nd round....

Matt, make sure to stop by the Comp Eliminator pits in E-Town, they'll tell you how to avoid those nasty CIC penalties.;)

Just curious as to why there are no Honda's or Kawasaki's In PSM? or is there and I just miss it?
Honda spends little on drag racing and they focus it towards roadracing. Rob Muzzy is working on a Kawi PSM using the ZX-14 engine but it's not quite ready yet.

Pictures-2007_ZX14_Prostock_Concept.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back