Who needs the 10 pounds now??? (1 Viewer)

amanda Speed

Nitro Member
Looks to me like the Harley totally overpowered the others this weekend. Guess NHRA got what they wanted, a Factory-backed team is running quick again. Absolutely ludicrous!!!

Sure looks like it was a boneheaded knee-jerk reacion to a problem that didn't exist.

Don't worry, with as consistent as the Harley team is, next race they will be first round runner ups...

Yeah, as I was watching the Suzuki's and the V-Rods running in the sixes, I thought outh loud "I wonder if they are gonna get 10 lbs on Monday now too?!?!".

Maybe the powers that be in Glendora will start a trend by adding 10lbs to the PSM winner after each race...:rolleyes:

Yeah, as I was watching the Suzuki's and the V-Rods running in the sixes, I thought outh loud "I wonder if they are gonna get 10 lbs on Monday now too?!?!".

I wonder if the Suzukis will get the extra 59 Cubic inches next race:D;) JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING !!!!!

Well we will see if they add weight to the Harleys now... Andrew was out running everybody 3 hundreths just in the backhalf....We had a valvle start leaking a little in the semis...

I wonder if the Suzukis will get the extra 59 Cubic inches next race:D;) JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING !!!!!

Haha, kicking the hornets nest.

You know, I still don't recall seeing any Harley's or Buell's at the dealership with those big intake scoops either. How do they get away with that? :confused:

Well we will see if they add weight to the Harleys now... Andrew was out running everybody 3 hundreths just in the backhalf....We had a valvle start leaking a little in the semis...

When the revision was made, they should've been included in the first place.

All of the V-Twins should return to being a single entity with regards to rules.

Don't hold your breath Matt!
If I were you I would be knocking on the powers to be door and demand it.

Don't forget that Harley is an NHRA sponser.........

Suzuki isn't and they got weight added to the Harley's! :cool:

I think the weight should be the same for every competitior!
I think Matt got screwed for working hard and that ain't right.
I bet if everybody weighed the same the Buells would rule....

Suzuki isn't and they got weight added to the Harley's! :cool:

I think the weight should be the same for every competitior!
I think Matt got screwed for working hard and that ain't right.
I bet if everybody weighed the same the Buells would rule....
I bet if the cubic inches were all the same the Suzuki's would rule. ;)

Personally, I would like to see how well Suzuki would do campaigning V-twins :p

Suzuki and the other Japanese manufacturers would kick their ass up one side and down the other. I remember Jay from APE commenting about this on an older thread about how they'd dominate. All you have to do is look at how successful Yamaha is doing with the Road Star or whichever model it is that's just screaming fast. If Yamaha or Suzuki (with a race version of the TL 1000)were allowed the same kind of devolopment as the other V-twins then HD's and Buell's wouldn't stand a chance.

The S&S and the Harley are more similar than not. The contention in another thread that the S&S is based on "old" Harley technology could not be any more wrong. Both engines are cutting edge, state of the art, modern V-Twin drag race engines, with years of development. The brain trusts behind both are second to none in drag racing.

For the record, when Suzuki initially went drag racing (post Vic Force), the initial development happened in Gardena Ca. (RC Engineering), and was headed by Byron Hines. When Yamaha went drag racing, same story. If Suzuki drag raced a V-Twin, it would more than likely not be very different from what's out there now. Byron Hines and George Bryce are incredible drag race minds. A strong testimonial to the brilliance of both is their willingness to get help with the development of these engines and the subsequent results. Todays Road Star program has as much to do with Nigel Patrick as anyone. Muzzy and Kawasaki Drag Racing are synonymous. Pro Stock Motorcycle Drag Racing was and is developed in the States. Know the heritage, names like Bruso, Pogue, Dean (Denco), Carpenter, Mason, Farr, Tipton, Collins etc.

When the Harley's had a developmental head start and were finally running well and the S&S's were searching for "it", equal rules for both were fine. History reflects that in 2004 when the Harley's got a 40 lb.weight adjustment, the S&S's had to shoulder it also, long before they were ready or, able to. Why the difference now?

The basis of the TL as a twin is very different and legislation would surely limit it's potential. As it is, NHRA has said no. The Road Star should/would fit, but again NHRA said no.

As stated on another thread, this past weekend's Harley success was probably helped by 40 runs of testing, but insured by an ill-conceived, poorly executed rules decision.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back