Who lives in the path of totality for today’s solar eclipse? (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
This will be the first total solar eclipse for me. Thankfully, there will be a little over four minutes of totality.
I’ve got two cameras and tripods, plus a very good sun filter for the cameras, ready to go.
If the clouds stay away, I’ll be set.

This will be the first total solar eclipse for me. Thankfully, there will be a little over four minutes of totality.
I’ve got two cameras and tripods, plus a very good sun filter for the cameras, ready to go.
If the clouds stay away, I’ll be set.
If you get lucky and snap some pics, please share.

they had news coverage from somewhere in AR today, looked to be clear where they were. hope you got sum great shots.

Mike, the sky started out with high wispy clouds.
But about 20 minutes from totality the sky completely cleared.
I can’t think of a word to describe how amazing the experience was.
A bunch of our family got together at the end of the road and had some great chicken and beef barbecue and all the fixings.

The diamond ring that signaled the end of the eclipse.
DSC_0258.jpeg

we went to Concan Tx to watch. The clouds sure didn't cooperate there but we got occasional glimpses of it. It was cool when it went total.

I will never forget the total eclipse I saw in February 1979. A remarkable experience.

I'm happy you got to see it.

Watched totality here in Hutchins. As people were leaving funny car chaos, eclipse watchers were pulling into the Motorplex.

Last edited:
I live in Shreveport, home of Greg & Aaron Stanfield, and was about an hour and a half away so I drove to Arkansas for it. Got a lot of pics thanks to the filter I bought for my camera.

Ive actually known Greg's brother Mike and his wife for quite a long time. Since the 90s, when Mike and his wife, gf at the time, would come and hang out with my parents every weekend. They're still very good friends. Mike was slim even back then lol.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back