Where does a Top Fuel dragster accelerate the hardest? (1 Viewer)

Off topic, but did anyone notice how long it is between when the engine comes up and the driveshaft moves? There's also a split second from when the driver hits the gas and the engine comes up. All that adds up to why reaction times are slower in a fuel car than say a transbrake car. Because so much happens between the pedal going down, and the car actually moving.

Alan

move the throttle cable closer to the shaft on the injector and watch the reaction time improve

Someone shared this with me and I'm simply passing it on. It does make sense to me. The initial move is more of a jerk, and acceleration is a more fluid motion.
Alan

Alan,
Since I can not reply in the acceleration thread maybe you could post this.

JERK is the third derivative of the position vector with respect to time, with the first, and second derivatives being velocity, and acceleration respectively; in other words, JERK is the rate of change of the acceleration with respect to time.

These and some farther derivative are looked at all of the time in analyzing cam lobe design.

Thanks,

Someone shared this with me and I'm simply passing it on. It does make sense to me. The initial move is more of a jerk, and acceleration is a more fluid motion.
Alan

Alan,
Since I can not reply in the acceleration thread maybe you could post this.

JERK is the third derivative of the position vector with respect to time, with the first, and second derivatives being velocity, and acceleration respectively; in other words, JERK is the rate of change of the acceleration with respect to time.

These and some farther derivative are looked at all of the time in analyzing cam lobe design.

Thanks,

This makes sense to me - I majored in math and taught collegiate mathematics for three years. What you want to do is look at the acceleration curve and where the slope of the curve is the greatest (give by the first derivative of the acceleration curve) then that is where the acceleration is increasing the fast. So basically, looked on the curve where it is steepest, that is where acceleration is increasing the fastest.

So the initial hit of 0-4 is the fastest acceleration, Hmmmmmm..............
The graph says it all LOL.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back