What's your favorite Drag Racing "Slang" term? (2 Viewers)

for Nitromethane:

- "Devils Piss" (courtesy of Mr. NEWMAN)
- "POP"
- "Liquid Gold"
- "Liquid Cash"
- CH3NO2 (a chemical formula as a slang term...awesome)
- NITRO

Last edited:
"Triple 0, and dead on" is slang for a perfect pass in sportsman racing, and now you see it used when another racer is agreeing with your opinion, on message boards or bench racing sessions.

I hear the term "Treed him" alot when someone is describing a holeshot, but I've heard a few southern racers say "Bulbed him" for the same thing.

"Wall Magnet" is a somewhat derogitory term used to describe a car that gets "out of shape", or "crossed up" more than it should...probably was termed right after the first AA/FA made it's first run!!

I have always liked:

- with air to spare
- up on the tire(s)
- the green tongue
- windowed the block
- welded the clutch
- ran it out the back door
- deep staged
- puke tank
- it was on a pass until ...

Way back, probably in the early 70's (so this was before throttle stops & timers) there was a pic of a pair of Super Stockers in Hot Rod or Car Craft crossing the stripe. Both cars had their front runners locked up, smoke coming off them. The title was "Brake Light Racing". I always thought that was pretty good seeing as it implies the opposite of what you'd expect in a Drag Race. BTW, this is in no way a dig on Sportsman racing.

One I've heard reacently from friends who don't run Stock eliminator "Alarm Stocks" since some think they have to be up at the crack of dawn warming up the truck/car. :)

And what about "dumping" at the big end?

I still haven't seen a couple of my favorites here, both meanig 100% Nitro...

He "tipped the can".

And, he put in "the can, lid and label!"

And an old favorite Big Daddy saying, "Gas is for washing parts."

"At the rope" for signing autographs.

And best race car name....an old Division 3 car,"Lick'm and stick,m"

(I better quit while I'm ahead.)

I still haven't seen a couple of my favorites here, both meanig 100% Nitro...

He "tipped the can".

And, he put in "the can, lid and label!"

And an old favorite Big Daddy saying, "Gas is for washing parts."

"At the rope" for signing autographs.

Bob........... I remember seeing the "Lick'm and stick'm" car in 62 and 63 at the Indy nationals, What I don't remember is if it was an altered type car or a dragster. perhaps you remember? Anyway, you sure went way back for that little tidbit!:D

Lick em/Stick em was a modified roadster with injected chevy. Don't remember owner/driver names but the car was similar to Fireside Inn car from left coast as well as Gary Cagle's famous Newhouse Special. T body on dragster frame. My favorites are old stuff and more or less quotes...."sit low" and "count to five and duck" both by the late and great/fabulous Patty Foster. And then there's the old, "give her ten, ten, and ten" Someone's gonna have to help me on this one cause I've only got two tens of the three. ten percent more nitro, ten degrees more mag, and......;)

"Block Out" I used to hate it as a crew memeber and
"More Fuel, More Blower and More Clutch" from Bill Barrett

I could do an entire whole new thread on cool car names...

My favs...

- Dave Meziere's "HOT N' NASTY" Pro Gas
- Johnny Laboose's "Loose Caboose" Pro Gas
- Griffith's "Evil, Wicked, Mean, and Nasty" TAFC
- Sheldon Gecker's "King Kong" Super Gas
- Jay Payne's "Thunder Slug"
- Jim Dunn's "Fireman's Quickie"...(i didn't know what that meant until I actually asked him about 10 years ago...) :cool:

Lick em/Stick em was a modified roadster with injected chevy. Don't remember owner/driver names but the car was similar to Fireside Inn car from left coast as well as Gary Cagle's famous Newhouse Special. T body on dragster frame. My favorites are old stuff and more or less quotes...."sit low" and "count to five and duck" both by the late and great/fabulous Patty Foster. And then there's the old, "give her ten, ten, and ten" Someone's gonna have to help me on this one cause I've only got two tens of the three. ten percent more nitro, ten degrees more mag, and......;)

10% more blower overdrive.

Some of my least favorite:

Kicked the rods.
Banged the blower
Blackened the crank.
Ate the clutch.
Shook the tires.
Sucked a chute.
DNQ'd
Bounced a check.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread