What We Have Learned Fumbling In The Dark (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
OMG! These are way too true!

TWO-YEAR-OLD CANNED BEETS TASTE BETTER THAN YOU THINK

MANICURES ARE A SIGN OF CIVILIZATION

IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO WEAR UNDERWEAR, YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO WASH IT

JUST BECAUSE IT IS DARK AND YOU ARE IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR BEDROOM DOES NOT MEAN WE CAN'T HEAR WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN THERE BECAUSE OUR WINDOWS ARE OPEN, TOO

WHAT LOOKS ACCEPTABLE BY CANDLELIGHT IN YOUR BATHROOM WILL SCARE YOU WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR AT THE OFFICE

COFFEE IS POSSIBLE WITHOUT STARBUCKS

RATHER THAN CAMPFIRES, YOU FIND FAMILIES HUDDLED ABOUT TINY BATTERY-OPERATED TELEVISIONS TO WATCH THE SIMPSONS

PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY IS A PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE MEAL FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER IN THE SAME DAY

BEER CAN BE DRANK AT ANY HOUR OF THE DAY

DON'T SHUN THOSE WHO USE TYLENOL PM OR ADVIL PM TO GET THROUGH 11-HOUR NIGHTS

THAT NEIGHBOR WHO KNOWS HOW TO USE A CHAINSAW IS YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND

IT SEEMS SPOOKY THAT THE ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH STILL WORKS

ICE IS A FORM OF CURRENCY

IT'S OK TO LET THE KIDS KEEP THEIR STICK FORT UNTIL THE DEBRIS-PICKUP CREWS START ROLLING IN

A THREE-HOUR LINE FOR GASOLINE IS AN EXPLOSION WAITING TO HAPPEN

COMING HOME FROM WORK WITH A PIZZA AND A CHARGED-UP LAPTOP SO THE KIDS CAN WATCH A DVD MAKES YOU A HERO

YOU RUN OUT OF THINGS TO BARBECUE AFTER DAY 2

ROOF-DAMAGE STORIES ARE PASSE'

SPAGHETTI-O'S AND CANNED TUNA DO NOT MIX WELL

HAIR CAN DRY WITHOUT A BLOWDRYER, BUT IT MAY NOT LOOK THE WAY YOU HAD PLANNED

THE STORM TREASURES YOUR KIDS ARE FINDING REALLY BELONG TO YOUR NEIGHBORS

WHEN YOU HEAR A CHAINSAW AFTER DARK, NEXT LISTEN FOR THE AMBULANCE SIREN

BASEBALL CAPS GO WITH ANY POST-HURRICANE ENSEMBLE

GRAPES TASTE BETTER IN THE DARK

YOU CAN NOT TRAIN YOURSELF NOT TO FLIP ON LIGHT SWITCHES WHEN ENTERING A ROOM

LUKEWARM IS THE NEW COLD

YOU HAVE NEIGHBORS

THE FREEZER SHOULD BE CLEANED OUT REGULARLY

DITTO THE FRIDGE

GARAGE DOORS ARE NOT MAGIC

IT IS EASIER TO IGNORE A DIRTY FLOOR WHEN YOU CAN NOT SEE IT

Those are absolute 'Pearls of Wisdom' Kel!!!

I'm going to print these out and share them -- Too good!!! :D

Glad you (& the family)are ok -

Hey! My beer never got warm. I have a friend who had an ice machine running off a generator the entire time! :D

Kelly, every year at Gainesville I sit next to a couple from Tampon Bay who lost Power for 5 weeks due to Hurricane Charley! They had a generator running outside their window, they got SOO used to hearing that Lawn mower all night that they had trouble sleeping without it once they did get their Power back!

why this popped into my head from the thread title i have no idea......
'in the dark' i guess.

"where's your other hand?"

"between two pillows, why?"

..........."THOSE AREN'T TWO PILLOWS!" :D

why this popped into my head from the thread title i have no idea......
'in the dark' i guess.

"where's your other hand?"

"between two pillows, why?"

..........."THOSE AREN'T TWO PILLOWS!" :D

Planes, Trains and Automobiles! One of my fave movie lines ever! LMFAO!

That there is the norm in Texas anway. Texans have been doing that all their ahem, legally drinking lives.
:p

Girrrrl! I wanna know when the business 'liquid lunches' stopped. I mean, I know they don't happen anymore....I just can't put my finger on WHEN it happened! ;)

Girrrrl! I wanna know when the business 'liquid lunches' stopped. I mean, I know they don't happen anymore....I just can't put my finger on WHEN it happened! ;)

Oh, Kelly, I have memories (slightly fuzzy) of being served pinapple orange juice with a shot of Parrot Bay Rum. Forget liquid lunches, it was the liquid breakfasts that made the day go...er...smoother :)

Planes, Trains and Automobiles! One of my fave movie lines ever! LMFAO!

My stepbrother and I have shared the same bed and more than once one or the other is waking up yelling "Hey!.... Hey!.... HEY!!!!" before the other wakes up and realizes who they're grabbing! :eek: :D

Glad you folks are able to find humor in things and glad that you came out okay.

Last edited:
You haven't lived untill you've brushed your teeth with Budwieser, at deer camp it's a right of passage, it started with our ancestors in the jungle's of Vietnam, (they used Black Label or Pabst Blue Ribbon), after you endure that any kind of luxury is appreciated, water, fire, light, heat, food, then you move up to the real spiffy stuff, electricity, showers, refriderators, ect. Ike left us without power for three days (I have a generator though) and water for four days. We all survived and were safe and thank God for watching over us.

Bad Texan!

na-uh... I am a good girl, goooood girl, gooo... oh heck, Yes I am bad but not at that. LOL

I thought that meant 'breakfast of champions' OR 'hair of the dog'! ;)

That's just for the guys who have to keep up their macho images... We ladies on the other hand will just have a little breakfast "juice." ;)

You haven't lived untill you've brushed your teeth with Budwieser, at deer camp it's a right of passage, it started with our ancestors in the jungle's of Vietnam, (they used Black Label or Pabst Blue Ribbon), after you endure that any kind of luxury is appreciated, water, fire, light, heat, food, then you move up to the real spiffy stuff, electricity, showers, refriderators, ect. Ike left us without power for three days (I have a generator though) and water for four days. We all survived and were safe and thank God for watching over us.

Doesn't a HOT shower feel awesome!

Somebody has way too much time on their hands, but these are true too!

Hurricane Education: What I've learned during our last hurricane . . .

1. Coffee and frozen pizzas can be made on a BBQ grill.

2. No matter how many times you flick the switch, lights don't work without electricity.

3. My car gets 23.21675 miles per gallon, EXACTLY (you can ask the people in line who helped me push it).

4. Kids can survive 4 days or longer without a video game controller in their hand.

5. Cats are even more irritating without power.

6. He who has the biggest generator wins.

7. Women can actually survive without doing their hair- you just wish they weren't around you.

8. A new method of non-lethal torture- showers without hot water.

9. There are a lot more stars in the sky than most people thought.

10. TV is an addiction and the withdrawal symptoms are painful.

11. A 7 lb bag of ice will chill 6-12 oz Budweiser's to a drinkable temperature in 11 minutes, and still keep a 14 lb. turkey frozen for 8 more hours.

12. There are a lot of dang trees around here.

13. Flood plane drawings on some mortgage documents were seriously wrong..

14. Aluminum siding, while aesthetically pleasing, is definitely not required.

15. Crickets can increase their volume to overcome the sound of 14 generators.

16. People will get into a line that has already formed without having any idea what the line is for.

17. When required, a Lincoln Continental will float, doesn't steer well but floats just the same.

18. Tele-marketers function no matter what the weather is doing.

19. Cell phones work when land lines are down, but only as long as the battery remains charged.

20. 27 of your neighbors are fed from a different transformer than you, and they are quick to point that out!

21. Hampers were not made to contain such a volume.

22. If my store sold only ice, chainsaws, gas and generators... I'd be rich.

23. Price of a can of soup rises 200% in a storm.

24. Your water front property can quickly become someone else's fishing hole.

25. Tree service companies are under appreciated.

26. I learned what happens when you make fun of another states' blackout.

27. MATH 101: 30 days in month, minus 6 days without power equals 30% higher electric bill ?????

28. Drywall is a compound word, take away the "dry" part and it's worthless.

29. I can walk a lot farther than I thought.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back